Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2- USPSA Production Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    And yet the trigger reach feels longer on the Shadow 2.
    In DA, the CZ does have a long pull. That bugged me until I realized that I can live with it. As long as the ergos are good in SA, I'm happy.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    In DA, the CZ does have a long pull. That bugged me until I realized that I can live with it. As long as the ergos are good in SA, I'm happy.
    True. The proof is in the pudding, whatever the heck that means. I realize the only way to know is to try it, so I finally ordered a holster for mine. Had a holster gift certificate which made it easier. . I'll grab 3 more mags during the week and I should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    And yet the trigger reach feels longer on the Shadow 2.
    In DA it may be with stock triggers, with an Extreme trigger shoe it may be equal or the opposite. I don't really care about trigger reach, no pistol I have held is to far of a reach, my personal issue is guns where the trigger face to beavertail distance gets too short and my finger looks like a "U" after the stroke.

Sorry for thread drift on Tanfo stuff, the CZ is a good gun, shot a pair for a year. Replace TRS and slide release on routine basis and it should treat you well. The Mec-Gar mags are solid.

My two cents. It would be completely feasible to buy a Shadow 2 and shoot it as is right out of the box. It is easily the best put together production gun I have ever owned.

Fit and finish was amazing, best DA/SA stock trigger I've ever felt. Extremely accurate on top of all that. It's an extremely easy pistol to shoot accurately fast.

If anyone was on the fence about getting a Shadow 2 or Stock 2 I would but the Shadow 2. Put 10k rounds through it stock and then worry about trigger parts. The only possible change lever stock that would make a huge improvement it is a recoil spring. I'm not saying trigger parts won't help it they're just not have to have improvements for most people.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

A friend of mine showed up at the range last night with one of these with the blue grips and let me shoot a couple of mags with it.
    Crap now I have to figure how to explain another $1300 to the mrs. LOL!

Site Supporter
    Saw one at the LGS. Damn it is a nice pistol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My current grip setup:
    Custom Lok Bogie on the left side (taller, textured on the rear side)
    Slim Bogie on the right side.

Name:  IMG_0136.jpg
Views: 2729
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0137.jpg
Views: 2159
Size:  16.7 KB
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-17-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You can buy this: https://cajungunworks.com/product/75...reduction-kit/

I have not installed it on my guns yet just because I do not have any time for it right now but I have handled a few guns with this kit installed. The reach reduction is very substantial - huge improvement. It is USPSA production legal now as well. I do not have large hands but I grown to really like large grips. The long pull on DA has prevented me to go with the larger grips than I use now. I will install this kit after the Nationals though and most likely will change the grip size accordingly.... if I keep shooting Production which is not my priority this year.

Quick update. I now have 24,000 rounds on one of my Shadow 2s. Since this one is not my match gun, I haven't been doing the recommended parts replacements.

The slide stop is original, and still doesn't show deep grooving. What's the secret? I think it is my use of Lucas Marine Grease.

Also, the extractor is still working fine and doesn't look very worn, which is a bit of a surprise to me.

I replaced the CGW trigger return spring after 20k in live fire and probably 10x that in dry. (It didn't break).

The CGW firing pin is visibly worn at the tip.

I'm on my 3rd CZC 11# recoil spring. I logged 9k on one and 16k on the other.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-23-2018 at 10:24 AM.

User Tag List