Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: new night sight company

Night Fision has a bad rap on the Sig forums. Customer service is good, the sights just don't hold up:

Quote Originally Posted by CMA
    I put a NF #6 with the red ballistic cup (outline) on my P365 and after only 200 rounds the cup broke apart. I contacted NF and their customer service was great. They sent me a replacement sight within 4 days. I put the second sight on and after two ranges sessions of 100 rounds the front sight was dead. All the tritium gas had escaped.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA
    Shot my P365 today. Just 50 rounds, so it has a total of 150 rounds on the third Night Fision front sight. When I got home I noticed that the front sight was dead. So, obviously, at least for me, Night Fision sights and the P365 do not get along well together. Too bad because I really like the red ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by tawcat
    First range visit with mine literally melted the front sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun1953
    I had a couple hundred or so through mine when the orange ring flew off.
    Quote Originally Posted by texas1948
    My Fision front sight ring fell off the 1st range session.
    Quote Originally Posted by luangtom
    I put a NightFision on my P365 a bit ago. It held up for three range visits. Trip #4 had the tritium tube fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Night Fision has a bad rap on the Sig forums. Customer service is good, the sights just don't hold up:
    I can tell you that mine have a lot More rounds under their belt than any of those posts describe without any issues.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

3000 rounds on my set on a P-07.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

How are these holding up for folks? Any change in QC, or is it still reportedly hit or miss?
    Taking a break from social media.

I’m only using the rear NF sight because the front was too short. I like the rear a lot. It’s the best I’ve found for the P-07.

Site Supporter
    Any updates on the Night Fision sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I haven't put a ton of rounds through them, but...

A couple of days ago I put 500 rnds. through my P10C OR and a set of newly installed NF tall sights, and my other P10C has a NF standard height front sight (w/ stock CZ rear) with @ 1k rounds since install...no issues with either.

Nor sure if:

- They've upped their QC since the previous mentioned issues.
    - I got two fluke sets of good sights.
    - Mine will crap out and catch fire tomorrow.

I've had the NF rear on my main carry P-07 for 2 1/2 years of hard use. It's been excellent.

Night Fision

I like their product. I have them on my P-07, P-10C Optics Ready and my Glock 45 MOS.

They claim to be brighter than others. That may be; it's difficult to tell. They do have a large ring around the tritium and it's very visible in low light.

Their sights are Melonited so they won't rust like some on the market. It may not matter if you're in the desert. I'm in the bayou so it matters to me.

Finally, they have proper height sights for those who run optics - for Glock, CZ P-10 and Canik. They have diagrams that you can see on their website. I can take photos for those who would like to see.

The other thing I like is that they aren't very expensive. I've called them and asked for certain things and they seemed to have responded with their Optics Ready line of sights.

In summary, they are good to go.

https://www.nightfision.com/wp-conte...tics-ready.jpg

Site Supporter
    I was pleasantly surprised that they offer a front sight of the correct height for my P99c. I've got one on order; if it works out, I'll order a second one for my training/backup gun.

User Tag List