Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new night sight company

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Swiss tritium... As far as I know there are only two (maybe three) places in the world that make gaseous tritium light sources (GTLS), MB-Microtec in Switzerland and SRB Technologies in Canada (and maybe some unnamed/unknown place in China because there's pretty much nothing they don't make). I'm so glad that they aren't using that low quality Canadian tritium. [/sarcasm]
    Heck - I'd happily send my slide to China if I could get the front sight drilled and a tritium insert installed

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’ve had mine on my P07 for 6 months or so. I like them. Haven’t had any issues With them. I was at the range this week for work and the last 2 weeks off and on for the Academy. Easy to pick up and the tritium is nice and bright. I like them better than the HDs on my duty gun.
    Where is your POI at 15yds?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I don’t like their rear sight for the HK, as I think it is too sharp. However, I love their front sight, and have a bunch of them, paired with OEM rear sights, on VP9, VP9SK and HK45C pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Where is your POI at 15yds?
    Right on the money. Was taking headshots on our quad target yesterday. Standing. POA/POI.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Right on the money. Was taking headshots on our quad target yesterday. Standing. POA/POI.
    My two, and my buddy's P-07 are all identically 3" high at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My two, and my buddy's P-07 are all identically 3" high at 15.
    If I think about it, next time I’m out shooting I’ll sand bag it and try it again. I was shooting offhand, standing, at an oval shaped scoring zone about 3”x6”. Was hitting that consistently.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

My experience with Night Fision:

I had my gunsmith (40 years experience) install them, since I bent my punches trying to get the old sights off. He accidentally broke the front sight despite saying he'd never done that in all his years. He was using a bunch of little, short, light taps, and said the punch just slid off and hit the base of the vertical part of the sight, and it knocked the top right off.

I contacted NIGHT FISION and sent them pics of the break, wondering if maybe this was a weak batch of metal, or common occurrence. They said they'd give me 30% off, so I ordered a new sight ($48 + $10 SHIPPING). $10 for a tiny envelope. I THEN noticed the replacement front sight would have been like $15 cheaper at Optics Planet.

My gunsmith looked at the new front sight very carefully, even with a loupe (comparing it to some other sights, including the SIG XRAYS), and said the vertical part had been hollowed out to connect to the base; he said it looked a lot weaker than most of the big brands like Ameriglos, Trijicons, Dawson, Heinie, and Tru-Glos.

I'm sure they're strong enough for most stuff, BUT if they get any knock on the vertical part, it can snap off easier than most.
    --
    I definitely regretted getting the colored rears--they were so bright that it made for a busy sight picture. I definitely should have gone for the no-color rear. I've seen the red, orange, and either yellow or green (can't remember what it was called), and the last one was definitely the easiest to pick up in various settings.
    Name:  IMG_5124 (1).jpg
Views: 602
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5148.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5122 (1).jpg
Views: 610
Size:  55.5 KB
    Last edited by evi1joe; 05-05-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Bought a set for my Shield at the NRA show. Will advise.
    I had our armorer install them with a pusher last night, no issues with the install. Sight picture is "cover the dot" at 7y, which was the only distance I tried them at last night as I didn't have much time before in-service needed the range again. They are bright, no doubt about that. Otherwise, I don't see much difference between the more established brands. Plain rear U-notch, high vis yellow front sight.

I'm happy with them, particularly compared to the stock Shield sights. I don't know I'd go out of my way for them and am still likely to buy Trijicon or Dawson Precision as well, but they seem like a viable option.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I had our armorer install them with a pusher last night, no issues with the install. Sight picture is "cover the dot" at 7y, which was the only distance I tried them at last night as I didn't have much time before in-service needed the range again. They are bright, no doubt about that. Otherwise, I don't see much difference between the more established brands. Plain rear U-notch, high vis yellow front sight.

I'm happy with them, particularly compared to the stock Shield sights. I don't know I'd go out of my way for them and am still likely to buy Trijicon or Dawson Precision as well, but they seem like a viable option.
    Our range reopened after repairs/ improvements.

4" high at 25y, high off paper at 50y (b8 repair circles)

And I was in the 8 ring with my Glock at 50y, so wasn't just me struggling today.

Called the company, they are supposed to get back to me early next week.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Our range reopened after repairs/ improvements.

4" high at 25y, high off paper at 50y (b8 repair circles)

Called the company, they are supposed to get back to me early next week.
    That’s how the Night Fision sights are on my CZ P07. On target at 7. 3-5” high at 15-25. Way high at 50.

User Tag List