Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new night sight company

new night sight company

Has anyone heard of a company called Night Fision ( www.nightfision.com )?

I saw them at a booth at the NRA Carry Guard show in Milwaukee the other day, and I was very impressed with their night sights. Very bright green front, very subdued rear dots. Price was very good too (think Ameriglo pricing). I tried looking them up on line, but only found their website - no product reviews and no links to their sights on this or other gun forums. Also (not sure if this is relavant), but I could only find their website if I typed in the entire URL. A yahoo search on their name turned up nothing.

Lack of actual sight dimensions is usually a clear red flag.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    They list the dot/ring on the front sight as being 3.2 mm. If I did the math right (iffy at best) the dot itself should be .126 in. With the metal needed to contain it I'm guessing it will be Kardashian wide.

What's wrong with Ameriglo or Trijicon?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that their name looks like it was meant to be "Night Vision," but there was a typo involved? (F and V are right next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard.) Obviously, that has no bearing on the design or quality of their actual product, but as someone who tends toward the "grammar Nazi" end of the spectrum, that type of thing sticks out like a sore thumb to me.
    Last edited by olstyn; 08-27-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that their name looks like it was meant to be "Night Vision," but there was a typo involved? (F and V are right next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard.) Obviously, that has no bearing on the design or quality of their actual product, but as someone who tends toward the "grammar Nazi" end of the spectrum, that type of thing sticks out like a sore thumb to me.
    Or they dropped an "s" from "fission"...

Or possibly both, but it does look like marketing decisions are supreme there.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    What's wrong with Ameriglo or Trijicon?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Ameriglo? Nothing at all, in fact they are leading the pack.

Trijicon doesn't listen to customers and generally follow's HK's customer relations motto.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Their "about us" blurb claims that they have 25 years of tritium insertion experience so they must know where to stick it.

I have a set of Ameriglo Protectors, but I have not yet put them on (I had problems with another set of Ameriglo sights, but I like Ameriglo so I decided to try again). The front sight of my Protectors is yellow, and I was hoping they would "pop" better than orange does for me.

When I saw these Night Fision sights, the front sight was green, and really popped. The rears were very subdued (no white ring around the tritium). They also had the same sights with orange front and white outlined rears, but the ones I really liked were the green front and the plain rears.

I was all set to buy them, but something told me to hold off. When I got back to my computer I tried researching the company, with the result posted in my OP. I appreciate the input provided here. For now, I'll hold off on buying them. If I can find some positive reviews, maybe I'll give them a try.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Apparently, they are the sister company of Cammenga.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List