Thread: Aimpoint Mount Height and Retain Zero?

Aimpoint Mount Height and Retain Zero?

I've decided to mount an Aimpoint H-2 Micro on my Noveske Mforgery carbine to supplement the scope it usually wears. The carbine has the Fixed Gas Block front sight and foldable Troy rear back up iron sight (BUIS). I bought the carbine six years ago and did a little research at the time but don't remember much about it. Thought about selling it but changed my mind - maybe the Aimpoint will make it more interesting. So - mount height and replaceability.

First, I understand many folks want lower-third co-witness, but does that matter if the rear BUIS remains folded out of the way?

Second, is the Aimpoint mount a reasonable choice, and what height(s) does it give? Does it hold zero when swapping out?

Third, please feel free to offer general advice.

Thanks.

1. We do true co-witness and fold rear sight; the lower mount better for sight offset up close.

2. Yes

3. This video will answer all yer questions: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWlQHNoGzeg
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    This video will answer all yer questions: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWlQHNoGzeg
    That looks like such fun.

We need one of those here, an Aimpoint marksmanship academy. Darrel can you get on this?
    I am sure if you can get one of those ranges (computer controlled simulated/live) built here they will need a lead instructor.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Okay, thanks.

User Tag List