Page 98 of 346 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

They're fine for training mags. They run brass cased round nose fine.

I just snagged 17 of 'em for less than $8/ea shipped, so they're gtg for beaters.

My 19-5 is 1923 rounds into the 2k round challenge. The last 1300 have been with OEM magazines during which I’ve had no stoppages. I’ll fire off another ~250 or so next weekend including 50 rounds of my current carry load (Federal HST 124gr +P) and then I’ll finally clean it. The trigger is starting to get gritty. At this point, I’m comfortable saying the pistol is reliable enough for carry since my three malfunctions have all been when combining Magpul magazines and Blazer Aluminum cased ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    The Gen5 won't have anything to do with a Magpul mag failing. They do that on their own. I use 'em quite a bit for training, but wouldn't carry one on a bet.
    Yeah, I did not think it did. Just saying that the malfunctions I have seen came form magpul mags. I would definitely not carry them. And when I bought em I had a optics planet gift card so they were free. And for training they have been fine. I also could not find gen 5 mags at where I normally buy stuff.

Any previous gen Glock mag works fine in the Gen5. The floorplate has a little lip on the front and the follower is orange, but they're otherwise identical to the Gen3/4 mags they're making now.

I’m still going to use the Magpul magazines for practice and training. I just won’t trust them for carry. They’re so much cheaper than the Glock magazines that the malfunctions during practice are worth it to save wear and tear on my OEM magazines.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

How do you know for certain what the cause of any particular malfunction is?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have not yet made the transition to carrying magpul mags, but unmodified they have no had any issues - the only issue I have seen is with a Zev extension on a magpul 17 round magazine not functioning properly - had consistent failure to feeds in my gen5 19 last go around, might be the spring, might be the mag, either way it does work well. The 17 round and 21 round magpul mags have given me zero issues or problems with various mags, I would not have an issue carrying with them but the gen5 mags seem to be lightly better designed (I like the extended plate design).
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have seen it in one personally, one youtube video and some comments on forums. They stopped running magpul mags and had no problems ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In my case, all three malfunctions my Glock 19-5 has had and every malfunction my 19-3 training gun has had have been with Magpul magazines. I’ve had no issues with Glock magazines using be same ammo that malfunctioned with the Magpuls. If the 19-5 can go through a box of HST using he Glock mags without an issue, I’ll be comfortable carrying.

Doe anyone have first hand knowledge or experience with the new Dawson Fiber optic sight set that they created that was designed for the 5th gens?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List