Page 64 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    I would be interested in the .125. What height would the rear sight use? Thanks for all the articles, but I see so many different sight heights and widths it makes me dizzy. I have no idea which one. I want to get it right the 1st time and not keep going back & forth guessing game. I usually shoot a few rounds from 10 yards and tell Dawson Precision the pattern and they send me the correct sights and when installing them they are spot on. Dawson with the "Perfect Impact" guarantee seems to be the only company that can and does get it right. I would like to try the Ameriglo sights, but it's hard to get away from Heinie & Dawson Precision. Using the narrowest rear notch with a .125 makes the .125 seem like a .140 during presentation. That's what I'm looking for and been using this for years. No fishing around the rear sight looking for the front sight. All you see is that front sight during alignment. It's very quick on target and extremely accurate/precise target acquisition

I know exactly how you feel, so many options but I think I got lucky. With My gen 5 19 oem polymer sights, my accuracy has been so good and the poa/poi was just right for me that I was very hesitant to change them so I wanted to get something as close to the stock oem sights as possible from a dimension perspective. I ended up getting the ameriglo orange .125 http://www.opticsplanet.com/ameriglo...ont-sight.html, and then found the rear sights that were as close as I could find to then oem and got these. http://www.opticsplanet.com/ameriglo...ear-sight.html

Went to the range today to try em and they were perfect for me, same poa/poi. By the way the poa/poi for me is more of what sig would call the "combat" hold where the center of the front post is right over the target, not the top edge of the front post that some may prefer. Used to sigs so this is perfect for me. I have the .140 ameriglo on my 26 and while it works, I think I now prefer the slightly thinner .125.

I'm starting to feel like my Gen5 is the only one in the country that isn't perfectly reliable. I've had three malfunctions in 667 rounds (Round 3 was a failure to feed, round 39X was a failure to fire, and round 600 was a failure to eject). All three of the malfunctions occurred when using Blazer Aluminum 115gr with Magpul 17rd magazines. I'm only going to use OEM Glock magazines for the next thousand or so rounds to see if it's the mags causing the issues. It's pretty damn disappointing at this point considering how much I like everything else about the gun. It's accurate. It has one of the best trigger's I've ever felt on a Glock using only OEM parts. The finish on the slide seems impervious to holster wear. I'm a big fan of the slightly flared magwell. The gun feels slightly better to me without the finger grooves but not enough to really prefer one design over the other. I just wish mine worked the way everyone else's seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I'm starting to feel like my Gen5 is the only one in the country that isn't perfectly reliable. I've had three malfunctions in 667 rounds (Round 3 was a failure to feed, round 39X was a failure to fire, and round 600 was a failure to eject). All three of the malfunctions occurred when using Blazer Aluminum 115gr with Magpul 17rd magazines. I'm only going to use OEM Glock magazines for the next thousand or so rounds to see if it's the mags causing the issues. It's pretty damn disappointing at this point considering how much I like everything else about the gun. It's accurate. It has one of the best trigger's I've ever felt on a Glock using only OEM parts. The finish on the slide seems impervious to holster wear. I'm a big fan of the slightly flared magwell. The gun feels slightly better to me without the finger grooves but not enough to really prefer one design over the other. I just wish mine worked the way everyone else's seems to work.
    Interesting that it's occurred with the magpul magazines. I don't think I've read of any other issues with non-Glock mags. I'm interested in reading what happens with the OEM mags and your Gen 5.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Interesting that it's occurred with the magpul magazines. I don't think I've read of any other issues with non-Glock mags. I'm interested in reading what happens with the OEM mags and your Gen 5.
    Me too.

Is Blazer 115 Ammunition normally gtg in a Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Seems he had a similar problem with the magpul pmags. Have you had any issues with any other mags?
    https://youtu.be/2nWIx53xZmc

I got to handle and dry fire a Gen 5 G19 on Saturday morning. I liked how it felt in the hand, but the trigger was not what I expected. The initial part of the take up was smooth and light, and then the pull increased steadily until the striker released. Not necessarily a bad trigger, but much different than the other Glock triggers of my experience.

I may buy one, but not until the Gen 5 SCD is available. Instead, I did a trade today with a fellow PF member, and one of the guns that came my way was a Gen 4 G26 with a SCD.

Of the rounds I've fired, only about a hundred have been with OEM Glock magazines. I hadn't had any problems but it's a very small round count. Hopefully my next few range sessions when I'll only use Glock magazines don't have any issues. I wish I paid attention to which magazine was in the gun when it malfunctioned. I failed to take note of that at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Magpul mags are less than reliable with anything other than really nice brass cases and round nose bullets.

The ones I've used won't reliably feed HST, Gold Dots, or steel cases.

Blazer Aluminum has given me dead primers a few times.

If my 19 didn't run 100% with Magpul mags and Aluminum case, I wouldn't sweat it a bit. Get a case of American Eagle or Lawman and stick with the stock mags and I bet it runs.

As a reloader, I have nothing but contempt for aluminum cased ammo. It seems geared to be the cheapest crap you can buy that wasn't loaded by Russian peasants.

Try something better and report back.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

My 17 runs great with Russian steel cased ammo. I've only used stock mags though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List