Page 61 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Been quite impressed and happy with my 5th gen G19. I was very hesitant at first due to the cutout on the front strap. Irritated the crap out of me on 2nd gen guns. The 5th gen doesn't exhibit the same for me at least due to the flared mag well. Accuracy seems slightly better than my 4th gens, but not earth shattering. IMO the 5th Gen is a nice improvement, but I wouldn't tell anyone to trade off your 4th gen for them unless they have to have no finger humps. If someone was looking to get into Glocks, I would recommend them try out the 5.

The only things I did to mine was swap out the mag release for the extended one, and replaced the .220 front sight for a .200 and all is well with it now. Passed 400 rounds through it today and not one single issue, and ejection is still strong to around o'clock, and very predictable.

While I do like the 5th gen 19, my APX still has a slight edge over it.

TXPO
    I've been worried about this as well. Is the edge sharp or anything?

For those considering an OEM minus connector. A person in the know, told me that different OEM minus connectors, have for him resulted in pretty different G5 triggers. So if you were thinking about a minus, it might pay to try a few different ones and see if one results in a better trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Tried a Taran connector in 17.5 and took it out. The stock connector had a more predictable and cleaner break IMO. This is honestly the first Glock I've ever owned that needed nothing to make it better. Well, other than sights.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    This is honestly the first Glock I've ever owned that needed nothing to make it better. Well, other than sights.
    This is my experience so far.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    The edge is sharp but it hasn't bothered me, and I'm one the ones who really disliked the cutout on the Gen2s. The bottom of the grip is shaped a little differently and I can't feel the cutout at all when I'm shooting the gun.

I agree that the cutout is sharp but it doesn't bug me. I put a bit more than 500 rounds through my 19.5 today and I have around 100 through my 17.5 (the Warren Tactical sights had a 6" high POI - sounds like it's a common issue - some Glocks shoot one front better and some the other. Warren Tactical is taking care of me, but I have to wait for the new front sight.

I'm very happy with the trigger, mag well, no finger grooves (wasn't sure what I'd think of that) and I really like the slide stop/release - being more pronounced than the old standard version while less apt to unintended activation. No issues so far. I'm really happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    It is a little sharp, but does not bother my pinky at all. I was very surprised, and happy about that. I can feel the cutout when just holding the pistol, but it isn't uncomfortable. When shooting it, I don't even notice it's there. The flared mag well keeps my pinky just far enough away from it. You could hit it with a little sandpaper to knock the edge off, but it wasn't needed IMO.

My 5th Gen G19 is a keeper, and so far it has excelled at everything I put it through. Again I wouldn't rush out and trade off my 4th gens for the 5th, but the lack of finger humps, and the new finish are the best attributes of the 5. If you are in the market for a new glock I would definitely give the 5 a look.

I know a lot of folks are down on the 5th gen, and I am not exactly sure why. It is still a Glock, and no worse than any others. Does it do anything better than previous Gens?, not really IMO. The finish is better and if you don't like the finger humps, you will probably like it. If they humps don't bother you and the finish isn't a big deal, stay with the 4 simply from a cost standpoint. Everything else about the 5's is irrelevant for most, the bull nose slide, and ambi release. They don't get in my way or bother me and other than being something different, visually, they are of no consequence.

When they first showed up I was seriously bashing the 5th gen because of the cutout only. But like always, I try all the new models, and I am glad I did with this one.

It took me 2 years to move over to the 4th gen from the 3's. The 5th gen did it for me in two range trips.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-14-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Does anyone have inside information on when the Generation 5 17 and 19 magazines will be available for sale separately from the the new pistols?

A person on another forum posted that Glock is "non-recall recalling" his pistol with vague reasoning. It's a 17 gen 5. I have no more info than that, and the replies there seem pure speculation.

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...en5-g17.38864/

Anyone else hear anything about this?

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    It is a little sharp, but does not bother my pinky at all. I was very surprised, and happy about that. I can feel the cutout when just holding the pistol, but it isn't uncomfortable. When shooting it, I don't even notice it's there. The flared mag well keeps my pinky just far enough away from it. You could hit it with a little sandpaper to knock the edge off, but it wasn't needed IMO.

My 5th Gen G19 is a keeper, and so far it has excelled at everything I put it through. Again I wouldn't rush out and trade off my 4th gens for the 5th, but the lack of finger humps, and the new finish are the best attributes of the 5. If you are in the market for a new glock I would definitely give the 5 a look.

I know a lot of folks are down on the 5th gen, and I am not exactly sure why. It is still a Glock, and no worse than any others. Does it do anything better than previous Gens?, not really IMO. The finish is better and if you don't like the finger humps, you will probably like it. If they humps don't bother you and the finish isn't a big deal, stay with the 4 simply from a cost standpoint. Everything else about the 5's is irrelevant for most, the bull nose slide, and ambi release. They don't get in my way or bother me and other than being something different, visually, they are of no consequence.

When they first showed up I was seriously bashing the 5th gen because of the cutout only. But like always, I try all the new models, and I am glad I did with this one.

It took me 2 years to move over to the 4th gen from the 3's. The 5th gen did it for me in two range trips.

TXPO
    Thanks a lot. That was exactly the response i was looking for.

User Tag List