Page 53 of 346 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Initial Impressions and ammo test post up:

http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/09/first-g...xperience.html

Great review- thanks for posting. It's good to see someone more experienced than me have the same kind of assessment.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Is the mag catch the same as the stock Gen4 part?

Does the M use the same mag catch as the Gen5? The OEM partially extended Gen4 catch is often called the "FBI mag catch"; it's not clear to me if they're stepping back to the stock part on the new contract.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Useless trivia: Glock has produced over 15 million guns to date.
    Wowzers! I just remember the 6 million guns from the Glock annual that came out a few years ago, that's impressive.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Yep. I read the whole post. And as I said, don't think there's any way that the majority can be attributed to shooter error. I've personally owned three of the eight I've had that were a pricked solved with parts replacement.

Other brands don't have this issue. If Glock is a magic brand that required a special technique, they are doing it wrong. It's weird, the problem suddenly came widespread around 09-10 when some of the parts were changed.

Sure, some people have limp wrists and induce malfunctions, but the majority? Doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some 9mm Glocks made between 2010 and 2012ish definitely had some issues with erratic ejection and brass to the face that was more common than I've ever seen. Some members here bought multiple copies that each had those issues, I'm not denying that at all and it's been discussed here for years. Out of the 6 or so Gen 4 17's and 19's I've bought I had one Gen 4 G19 with serious erratic ejection that was mainly cleared up with an Apex extractor. The combination of a lightweight frame with a recoil spring made for full power ammo but using weak range ammo with someone who doesn't lock out there wrist very well can be a bad combination on a recoil operated system.
    MAC demonstrates it here:

CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Shot my new 19 with BOLD sights this morning. I just ran a quick 100 rounds through it. No BTF, ejection was a little weak (of course, I was shooting 115 grain PMC) but consistent. I like the lack of finger grooves, which was the main reason I bought it. I have large hands, and was worried about the half-moon cutout because my pinky finger lays directly across it, but it did not bother me.

http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/09/first-g...xperience.html

Which front sight color is easiest to see? The green or the orange?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Useless trivia: Glock has produced over 15 million guns to date.
    Holy smokes. Think 9mm models comprise 90% or not that high? (Am thinking that even with the rise of the .40 in the US, global agency sales in 9mm dwarf that.)
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Good write up. Your experience has been almost identical to mine. The trigger is fantastic out of the box and to your point, very smooth. I said from day one that my other glocks that have the apex flat trigger and minus connector felt almost identical to the gen 5 out of the box. No BTF but again I'l a lucky one that has never had that issue with glocks. I haven't had any issue with the cutout as some but I guess it probably has to do with hand size and how it lays across the opening.

I also felt like the grip is thinner as well. Tom has ruined me with the SCD and unfortunately am waiting for one to carry as well.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Not sure if it was said here or not yet, but do the Gen5 frames accept a Gen4 grip plug?

Asking for a friend that might be buying one soon...

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Last edited by spinmove_; 09-08-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Which front sight color is easiest to see? The green or the orange?
    Green for me, but I've found I'm always more fond of a green sight.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List