Page 52 of 346 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Put about 500 rounds through the 19 and about 250 through the 17, both with BOLD sights.

It doesn't like cheap ammo for grouping. Best grouping seemed to be with consistent ammo like the S&B 124gr contract ammo on SGAmmo recently, did really poorly with forged and cheap federal 9mm - both 115gr.

Will post up a more detailed thing tomorrow on my site.

Both guns were vastly more accurate than I anticipated and very comfortable to shoot.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Majority? Doubtful. It's been happening to guys shooting Glocks for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You read my whole post right? I stand by what I said, that is mainly technique with a small percentage of guns that actually have a mechanical problem. But even ~1% of 6 Million plus guns produced is still quite a few guns affected.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

In the store the trigger felt heavy, mushy, and vague.
    That's "rolling break" to you mister!

"Rolling break" has replaced "glass rod break", often for no other reason than because:I-am-not-my-father.

For whatever reason I like it. I used to love my Series 80 Colts because of the creep everyone loved to whine about. On a slicked up 80 it's very smooth and I could shoot those 45s better than anything. I always likened it to a super tiny DA pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I know you are sort of busy with other stuff right now, but have you tried one yet?
    No, but I intend to.

Trigger feel is like grip angle and front sight width; at my skill level it just doesn't fucking matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    No, but I intend to.

Trigger feel is like grip angle and front sight width; at my skill level it just doesn't fucking matter.
    It may not matter, but it could make a difference.

Gen 5 question:

My pistol has a 6.1 rear sight. I have some 10-8s I want to swap onto it. The 6.1 is shorter than the normal 6.5 a 19 comes with, so should I start with a .235" tall front? I have .235s and .250s, but no .215.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    It may not matter, but it could make a difference.

Gen 5 question:

My pistol has a 6.1 rear sight. I have some 10-8s I want to swap onto it. The 6.1 is shorter than the normal 6.5 a 19 comes with, so should I start with a .235" tall front? I have .235s and .250s, but no .215.

I put HD sights with a .215 front on my G5 19 and that seemed good. Usually I would need a .230 on a 19.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    You read my whole post right? I stand by what I said, that is mainly technique with a small percentage of guns that actually have a mechanical problem. But even ~1% of 6 Million plus guns produced is still quite a few guns affected.

Yep. I read the whole post. And as I said, don't think there's any way that the majority can be attributed to shooter error. I've personally owned three of the eight I've had that were a pricked solved with parts replacement.

Other brands don't have this issue. If Glock is a magic brand that required a special technique, they are doing it wrong. It's weird, the problem suddenly came widespread around 09-10 when some of the parts were changed.

Sure, some people have limp wrists and induce malfunctions, but the majority? Doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Sure, some people have limp wrists and induce malfunctions, but the majority? Doubtful.
    I have NEVER accepted the excuse / justification of "limp wristing" causing a malfunction. Aside from something that would impede the slide movement, a defensive handgun should function regardless of how it's gripped. I actually test my defense guns with the loosest grip I can, to ensure reliability.

I'm assuming most of us here know how to grip a handgun. The first sit down I had with someone involved in a CCW shootout, that person took a .380 to his wrist. I'm not a doctor (I don't even play one on TV), but I'm thinking that could effect the grip of even the best of shooters.

That being said, my G43 and G19.4 passed quite a bit of "induced limp wristing" tests.

Initial Impressions and ammo test post up:

http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/09/first-g...xperience.html

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List