Page 51 of 346 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Is it in fact the same as the Gen 4 "." connectors? I could imagine that the other changes are what improved the trigger pull.

Way back in the early pages (I may hunt it up tonight) someone, I think HCM, posted words to the effect "the FBI guns have a specific connector, as does the Gen 5".

I thought that very provocative. Did that mean they both share a specific connector or that they each have a different specific connector? And I may be over thinking it.
    I'm not sure. I don't have any G4 dot connectors to compare it to. The G5 dot connector isn't marked as deep as the G4. Now whether this means something significant or is just a stamping difference in the dots I'm not sure.
    Shoot more, post less...

Not sure if this matters, I've got a few 4th gen dot connectors and the depth of the dot markings is different on them all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I'm not sure. I don't have any G4 dot connectors to compare it to. The G5 dot connector isn't marked as deep as the G4. Now whether this means something significant or is just a stamping difference in the dots I'm not sure.
    It does not make a difference.

I bought mine Wednesday and put over 650 hard rounds through it. Very pleased! What I like most about the changes is what Glock has done with the trigger/slide lock spring assembly. With it being compressed during operation it is literally impervious to breakage. Gotta love how Glock sticks with what they know they do best instead of trying to venture out into every part of the market and making needless variations of the same gun just to appease the market.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Is it in fact the same as the Gen 4 "." connectors? I could imagine that the other changes are what improved the trigger pull.

Way back in the early pages (I may hunt it up tonight) someone, I think HCM, posted words to the effect "the FBI guns have a specific connector, as does the Gen 5".

I thought that very provocative. Did that mean they both share a specific connector or that they each have a different specific connector? And I may be over thinking it.
    The connector does not have the dimple on it like the Gen 4 does, but it does appear to be in the same position, with the exception of the slide lock lever btwn it and the frame. Having put 650+ rounds through mine I can tell you it runs good. At least mine has.

Just finished trading in slightly used VP9 for new G-19.5. Hopefully number 2 does as well as number 1. Looking for the EDC and trainer combo. Also- Ameriglo Spartans are now installed on G19.5 #1.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Another 500 rounds down the pipe of my 17.5 tonight. The gun has hit 1100 rounds, and is breaking in nicely. Hitting the range again tomorrow with it and shooting an IDPA match with it Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Just finished trading in slightly used VP9 for new G-19.5. Hopefully number 2 does as well as number 1. Looking for the EDC and trainer combo. Also- Ameriglo Spartans are now installed on G19.5 #1.
    50 rounds thru Gen 19.5 #2- awesome. 50 rounds thru Gen 19.5 #1- still flawless.
    Looks like I might speed up the 17.5 purchase!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Probably the majority of it... Unfortunately for people like me who has a bit of trigger time behind Glocks and have owned over a dozen that I've had one of those guns with serious erratic ejection which was a Glock 19 Gen 4 made early 2012.
    Majority? Doubtful. It's been happening to guys shooting Glocks for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tylerw02, I agree.

Day 2 with my Gen 5 19, 535 rounds and I like it. It's definitely the best Glock I've had. It's eaten up 147 and 147+p HST, 124 Gold Dot, 124 Lawman, 115 Federal Aluminum, and 115 Winchester steel case.

Zero funny ejections.

User Tag List