Page 344 of 346 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346 LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How would they do handguns in New York City, get a retired NYPD guy?
    Security companies can get carry permits for guards (when working) or use any LEOSA eligible retired LE on visits.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-09-2023 at 10:55 PM.

Reviving an old thread because I got a gen 5 G19 and wanted to share initial impressions. I just got this from a fellow forum member, very lightly used with a few enhancements but no major internal changes. I've been shooting an MR918 and a pair of MR920s for a few years now, so I'm not unfamiliar with the platform. I added the medium beavertail backstrap and it fits my hand about as well as my Shadow Systems and points the same for all intents and purposes. I found the grip texture to be overly aggressive compared to the SS. It could use a little more undercut at the trigger guard.

The trigger is an SSVI Tyr. I had read a number of positive reviews on this one but I found the wider dingus to have sharp edges and it got irritating after about 100 rounds. I didn't find it to be a marked improvement over the SS trigger. My preference will probably always be the SA on my USPC 9 compared to any striker trigger.

I put a box of Fiocchi 115 grain through it to confirm zero of the 509t and then a mag of HST 124 +p with no issues but on the next box I had 4 misfeeds in fairly short order with the round only getting about halfway into the chamber. I was using gen 5 Glock mags and the misfeeds occurred with 3 different mags. All the rounds functioned properly the second time around and I ran a third box of 115 grn and a box of HST through with no further glitches. I don't hear of issues with 19s and I've not had problems with that ammo before. I was shooting dominant hand, two handed so I don't think I was limp wristing it, mags were fully seated, so I'm not sure what happened. I guess I'll run a few hundred more rounds of other ammo through it before I call it good but I find it disconcerting nonetheless.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You’re be surprised how many celebrities DeBecker’s security company provides armed security for.
    DeBecker's best security is the NDAs he ruthlessly uses to prevent the miserable work conditions and extremely stupid policies of his firm being revealed to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Reviving an old thread because I got a gen 5 G19 and wanted to share initial impressions. I just got this from a fellow forum member, very lightly used with a few enhancements but no major internal changes. I've been shooting an MR918 and a pair of MR920s for a few years now, so I'm not unfamiliar with the platform. I added the medium beavertail backstrap and it fits my hand about as well as my Shadow Systems and points the same for all intents and purposes. I found the grip texture to be overly aggressive compared to the SS. It could use a little more undercut at the trigger guard.

The trigger is an SSVI Tyr. I had read a number of positive reviews on this one but I found the wider dingus to have sharp edges and it got irritating after about 100 rounds. I didn't find it to be a marked improvement over the SS trigger. My preference will probably always be the SA on my USPC 9 compared to any striker trigger.

I put a box of Fiocchi 115 grain through it to confirm zero of the 509t and then a mag of HST 124 +p with no issues but on the next box I had 4 misfeeds in fairly short order with the round only getting about halfway into the chamber. I was using gen 5 Glock mags and the misfeeds occurred with 3 different mags. All the rounds functioned properly the second time around and I ran a third box of 115 grn and a box of HST through with no further glitches. I don't hear of issues with 19s and I've not had problems with that ammo before. I was shooting dominant hand, two handed so I don't think I was limp wristing it, mags were fully seated, so I'm not sure what happened. I guess I'll run a few hundred more rounds of other ammo through it before I call it good but I find it disconcerting nonetheless.
    Do you have an optic mounted, and if so, is the right plate screw impinging on function of the extractor bearing rod and spring?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The slide is milled by Jagerwerks for direct mount of the 509t so no adapter plate.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    The slide is milled by Jagerwerks for direct mount of the 509t so no adapter plate.
    I would pull the striker assembly and other slide parts and take a good look to make sure nothing is intruding in the channel that contains the extractor bearing rod.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would pull the striker assembly and other slide parts and take a good look to make sure nothing is intruding in the channel that contains the extractor bearing rod.
    Thanks. I'll do that.

Factory RMR-cut Glock 45

If anyone wants the LEO Glock 45 Gen 5 with factory RMR cut, AIM Surplus has unissued LEO trade-ins for sale at $600. Go get 'em.

https://aimsurplus.com/products/unis...eid=61115f1150

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    If anyone wants the LEO Glock 45 Gen 5 with factory RMR cut, AIM Surplus has unissued LEO trade-ins for sale at $600. Go get 'em.

https://aimsurplus.com/products/unis...eid=61115f1150

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!...

If you sign up for the email list you get 10% off. A few of them have night sights, hope mine does.

User Tag List