Page 342 of 346 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I wonder that a large frame Gen5 would be like. Thus far, I really like the Short Frame version of the large frame Glocks, with Gen4 large frame being less good, but OK. Not that I have any actual need to buy any more Glocks, with a lifetime supply already on-hand, and my days of large-volume shooting being long past…
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'll be honest and say that I don't really have a place for large frame Gen5 (9mm does everything I really need)... but it'd be damn tempting to get a 20 and a 21 if they did both in Gen5, with the MOS cut.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'll be honest and say that I don't really have a place for large frame Gen5 (9mm does everything I really need)... but it'd be damn tempting to get a 20 and a 21 if they did both in Gen5, with the MOS cut.
    Yeah, I would be in for a G21.5 MOS.

I don't care what generation you call it, but I want all my Glocks to have the Gen5 killer feature: The breach face cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    I don't care what generation you call it, but I want all my Glocks to have the Gen5 killer feature: The breach face cut.
    I have thought a business opportunity would be to make that cut to pre Gen 5 pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have thought a business opportunity would be to make that cut to pre Gen 5 pistols.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what benefit would the breach face cut provide to pre-Gen 5 pistols?

I'm not that in tune with what benefits it provides to Gen 5 guns as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what benefit would the breach face cut provide to pre-Gen 5 pistols?

I'm not that in tune with what benefits it provides to Gen 5 guns as well.
    The cut seems to allow the extractor to hold the casing against the breech face in a more consistent manner, allowing the ejector a better shot at kicking empties out of the gun in a more consistent manner vs previous generations of Glocks. I am unsure if it also helps feeding (ala CRF in something like a Mauser/1903/Winchester 70), but it gives the gun a very firm grip on the casing during ejection. Enough that ejecting a live round takes a bit more of a brisk motion than my older Glocks.

I'm not sure if adding cuts to older guns would result in the same results, as I would guess Glock made some small changes to the extractor when they started adding the cuts. But that's pure conjecture on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I’ve thought about that too. It’s the feature that brought me back around to Glock after a decade of BTF.

I haven’t gotten around to measuring any slides..

Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    Hey gang.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't toss in one of these thangs for CCW?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024913076
    I picked up the +25% and +50% springs.

My G44 trigger has never been want I wanted. As I bought it as a trainer it needs to match my Gen5 G19's stock trigger. I swapped in the +25% trigger spring and it was better. I swapped in a Wolff reduced power firing pin safety block spring and it is close to my G19.

Site Supporter
    I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it needs to be moved, please move it.
    I don't know anything about the company, but a buddy on a local forum was happy with his barrel. For the price, I bought one.

Combat Armory barrel Fits Glock 17 GEN 5 Match Grade 9mm Barrel threaded for $34.99:
    https://www.combatarmory.com/combat-...rrel-threaded/
    --Jason--

User Tag List