Page 337 of 346 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Damn. I think I’d rather have the regular MOS with a plate like the FCD. At least the good plates look like they secure the optic in place better. I hope their ACRO specific slide is done better than that.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Damn. I think I’d rather have the regular MOS with a plate like the FCD. At least the good plates look like they secure the optic in place better. I hope their ACRO specific slide is done better than that.
    OEM direct mil models are fine, no issues when optic is installed properly. Aesthetics is another matter though.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

5lb striker spring

What is the consensus on running a 5 lb striker spring with a dot connector?
    -i run federal, winchester white box and remington for range ammo and speer gold dot for SD load.

Currently running apex tactical performance connector, gives a nice rolling break. The dot connector gives a much crisper wall ( to me).

Thanks in advance for the info

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    -i run federal, winchester white box and remington for range ammo and speer gold dot for SD load.

Currently running apex tactical performance connector, gives a nice rolling break. The dot connector gives a much crisper wall ( to me).

Steve
    Been running a 5.0 with minus and dot connectors for years in carry guns without issue.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@GJM,

thanks for the info, will swap out and repost after hitting the range this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Been running a 5.0 with minus and dot connectors for years in carry guns without issue.
    Just got my first G19/gen5 to check out. Mounted the SRO on an FCD, and installed the Overwatch OEM minus connector. Puts the OEM trigger right about 5 lb, lets me get good accuracy so far and not a hiccup in first 200rd at the range (WWB, PMC, Blazer brass 147 FMJ).
    Last edited by maximus83; 08-02-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post

Steve
    Zero issues due to a 5# spring here. Five Glocks and three Shadows and have yet to have a light strike. Both dot and minus connectors in the Glocks, but mostly minus.

Thanks for all the info from everyone.
    -Gen 5 G19-
    -took out the apex connector and factory Striker spring
    -installed the OEM dot connetctor and 5lb wolff Striker spring

-Initial impressions; much more of a defined wall than the apex. In dry firing the dot did not move as much as with the apex. Gonna hit the range this weekend and run some drills and compare the times and scores with the apex ones.
    -bought a wheeler trigger gauge-https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/measuring-tools/trigger-pull-gauges-weights/trigger-pull-scale-sku100032933-126538-229856.aspx- says 5lb pull, caveat im still not good at getting a consistent pull with it.

Overall feels better than the apex, however to quote GJM, "Feelings Lie".

FYI: My idpa scores are improving, shot the qualifier, missed Master by like 1/2 sec.

Picked up a new G45 and G26.5 today and was surprised neither shipped with the medium and large back straps. The beaver tail versions were included but not the back straps.

No big deal as I don’t use them but found it interesting.

On another note, I lucked into 2 of the best oem glock triggers I have ever felt.

Off to the range this weekend.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by mastiffkb View Post
    Picked up a new G45 and G26.5 today and was surprised neither shipped with the medium and large back straps. The beaver tail versions were included but not the back straps.

No big deal as I don’t use them but found it interesting.

On another note, I lucked into 2 of the best oem glock triggers I have ever felt.

Off to the range this weekend.
    I've never minded OEM Glock triggers, but my Gen 5 17 and 19 are both just outstanding. Not an ounce of complaint. They really did improve the Gen 5 triggers. My Gen 4 17 is a good bit stiffer and heavier by comparison. That said, I learned on DA Berettas so both feel pretty dang light to me.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List