Page 320 of 346 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I keep meaning to research finding someplace that can do DLC on OEM connectors and trigger bars. I suspect they would need to be professionally deplated first. It would be easier if the mother ship would just sell the DLC parts...
    Techmetals, Inc-Dayton, Ohio .......Look no further than this company!

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    Techmetals, Inc-Dayton, Ohio .......Look no further than this company!
    Thanks for the referral. Do you know if they do small jobs, though? From their website they look big league.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks for the referral. Do you know if they do small jobs, though? From their website they look big league.
    Yes, they are very big league!! Strictest QC standards to date. Yes, they receive small parts for guns daily. Very pro 2A. As you can see from their website & certifications, "stringent standards" are at another level. I don't refer companies unless they exhibit consistency, quality! Believe me, this company is the pinnacle of QC

Can they disassemble and reassemble trigger bar assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Can they disassemble and reassemble trigger bar assembly?
    I can do that easily enough.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I read Glock stop doing nDLC coating on the M guns? Does anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Not all the M guns have the coating.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Sorry, I’ll expand on this some more.

The M guns bought on the FBI contract have the nDLC small parts. USMS, DSS, and I believe DEA are getting guns off the FBI contract. There may be more agencies, not sure.

My agency issues the 19M, but they were not part of the FBI contract. They’re basically just early Gen5’s, and don’t have the nDLC parts. @BehindBlueI's agency did the same with 17M’s.

Lipsey’s sold 19M/17M’s that were not FBI spec. GT Distributors, and maybe other blue label distributors, briefly sold blue label 19M’s that were FBI spec and had the nDLC parts.

Additionally, Glock has redesigned the FBI 19M, making both internal and external changes. I’ve not seen any “in the wild,” but have seen a photo of one.
    Last edited by TC215; 12-21-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Awesome thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Sorry, I’ll expand on this some more.

The M guns bought on the FBI contract have the nDLC small parts. USMS, DSS, and I believe DEA are getting guns off the FBI contract. There may be more agencies, not sure.

My agency issues the 19M, but they were not part of the FBI contract. They’re basically just early Gen5’s, and don’t have the nDLC parts. @BehindBlueI's agency did the same with 17M’s.

Lipsey’s sold 19M/17M’s that were not FBI spec. GT Distributors, and maybe other blue label distributors, briefly sold blue label 19M’s that were FBI spec and had the nDLC parts.

Additionally, Glock has redesigned the FBI 19M, making both internal and external changes. I’ve not seen any “in the wild,” but have seen a photo of one.
    Any info on what updates were done to the newly issued guns?

User Tag List