Page 319 of 346 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Where did you find these? I wonder if it's a limited release.
    Lipsey's does the grey and FDE frames.

My G19 gen5 (FS) had an average Glock trigger. Not too bad, but not really my preference since I like smooth rolling triggers with no wall. My solution was Ghost Edge 3.5lb connector, polishing every surface on the trigger and striker mechanism and sending parts to treat them with industrial grade tribological W-DLC coating (very smooth, hard and should last much better than current Glock small parts nickel coating).
    The result is a continuous smooth pull from the very start to fire. Total trigger travel is exactly the same as stock configuration, so there is no issue with disabling safeties. Trigger pull maybe even too light to carry - 4 to 4,5lb. I might install heavier striker spring as a countermeasure.

I'm aware that customizing Glock triggers for serious "social use" is often frowned upon, and requires thorough testing. My plan is to shoot at least 2000 rounds in various conditions before I even consider it suitable for carry. So far there was no hint of trouble and I enjoy very shootable (for me) trigger characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Where did you find these? I wonder if it's a limited release.
    LGS got them from Lipsey's.

Gray one already sold, and I've laid claim to the FDE one and will be getting it tomorrow. Not really digging the threaded barrel, but it's the only other G45 MOS they had in and since it's the same price as the normal G45 MOS they get in I figured why not.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I got to handle the first G34.5 MOS I have seen at my LGS. I liked everything about it other than the price tag and the trigger. The trigger was significantly more gritty than G17, G19, and G26 of my experience, let alone G34.3 models.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I got to handle the first G34.5 MOS I have seen at my LGS. I liked everything about it other than the price tag and the trigger. The trigger was significantly more gritty than G17, G19, and G26 of my experience, let alone G34.3 models.
    My new G34.5’s trigger was in the ‘average’ camp, with some binding. I have an inexpensive Wheeler trigger gauge, and it showed an average of 5.3 lbs, after 110 rounds. I went ahead with the Apex Kit, trigger is a much smoother 4.6 lbs.

I did notice the OEM ‘-‘ connector was significantly bent ‘outward’ from the TMH when I took it out. There was also slight wear on the side of the connector against the frame. The Apex connector wasn’t bent out nearly as much.

The Apex parts were very smooth, I didn’t do anything with the connector. The trigger bar I lightly polished the working surfaces, as it had some casting marks and high spots in the usual places.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    My new G34.5’s trigger was in the ‘average’ camp, with some binding. I have an inexpensive Wheeler trigger gauge, and it showed an average of 5.3 lbs, after 110 rounds. I went ahead with the Apex Kit, trigger is a much smoother 4.6 lbs.

I did notice the OEM ‘-‘ connector was significantly bent ‘outward’ from the TMH when I took it out. There was also slight wear on the side of the connector against the frame. The Apex connector wasn’t bent out nearly as much.

The Apex parts were very smooth, I didn’t do anything with the connector. The trigger bar I lightly polished the working surfaces, as it had some casting marks and high spots in the usual places.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. If I purchase the G34.5 (instead I put a ten-inch stainless Ruger Mark IV on layaway), I would polish the factory parts, but I am not willing to use aftermarket action parts in any Glock. I would install a SCD as all of my Glock pistols have one. Then I would change sights. At that point, I would be into the G34.5 for close to $1,000 when the 9% sales tax is considered. As such, my G34.3 is more than good enough.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyjak View Post
    My G19 gen5 (FS) had an average Glock trigger. Not too bad, but not really my preference since I like smooth rolling triggers with no wall. My solution was Ghost Edge 3.5lb connector, polishing every surface on the trigger and striker mechanism and sending parts to treat them with industrial grade tribological W-DLC coating (very smooth, hard and should last much better than current Glock small parts nickel coating).
    The result is a continuous smooth pull from the very start to fire. Total trigger travel is exactly the same as stock configuration, so there is no issue with disabling safeties. Trigger pull maybe even too light to carry - 4 to 4,5lb. I might install heavier striker spring as a countermeasure.

I'm aware that customizing Glock triggers for serious "social use" is often frowned upon, and requires thorough testing. My plan is to shoot at least 2000 rounds in various conditions before I even consider it suitable for carry. So far there was no hint of trouble and I enjoy very shootable (for me) trigger characteristics.

While you may not face the civil litigation issues we do in the US, the most important quality for a "social use" gun is reliability.

I'm aware of some law enforcement and Government entities here in the U.S. which tested aftermarket connectors for use by special units.

In summary all the aftermarket connectors tested including had durability issues. I would stick with the factory "-" connector.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post

...As such, my G34.3 is more than good enough.
    That makes a lot of sense.

For me, I’m replacing my early production pig-nose Glock 19.5 with the Glock 34.5, for USPSA only. Obviously it’s a big step change in slide length / sight radius. Oddly, I don’t find the grip that much bigger, I have the ‘M’ beavertail on both. The Apex Kit is a personal choice for games, I’ve used Overwatch, but wanted to try Apex this time.

My EDC G48 has a SCD, Ameriglos and Factory innards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That makes a lot of sense.

For me, I’m replacing my early production pig-nose Glock 19.5 with the Glock 34.5, for USPSA only. Obviously it’s a big step change in slide length / sight radius. Oddly, I don’t find the grip that much bigger, I have the ‘M’ beavertail on both. The Apex Kit is a personal choice for games, I’ve used Overwatch, but wanted to try Apex this time.

My EDC G48 has a SCD, Ameriglos and Factory innards.
    Despite my inherent distrust of all gun / gun parts manufacturers, If I were going to roll the dice on aftermarket trigger parts Apex would be the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyjak View Post

I keep meaning to research finding someplace that can do DLC on OEM connectors and trigger bars. I suspect they would need to be professionally deplated first. It would be easier if the mother ship would just sell the DLC parts...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List