Page 318 of 346 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post

Sorta remember someone on this site saying their agency had issues but not 100 percent sure on that. I'll see if I can find it.
    It was in the Gen5 G26 thread. His agency tested Gen5 17s and didn’t end up using them because they had trigger issues.

I’ve been trying to find that guy and see if we could get a little more info to see what exactly went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    This is the gen 5 trigger return assembly.
    I looked at Brownells and Midwest Gun Works. Where do you buy it?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Buy the entire housing. It’s like 8.00

Comes with the trigger return spring assembly as well as ejector. I did get a different ejector part number but swapping ejectors is simple.

#47021 is the latest 9mm ejector for gen 5, according to my instructor. We had to hand write those in the manual at class. Manual states one should not disassemble the trigger return spring assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    #47021 is the latest 9mm ejector for gen 5, according to my instructor. We had to hand write those in the manual at class. Manual states one should not disassemble the trigger return spring assembly.
    A rumor I’ve heard about why the Gen5 G19 and G17 failed testing at a large federal agency was that the testers had disassembled, and improperly reassembled, the trigger return spring assembly. The primary failure mode during testing was breakage of the trigger spring assembly.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    A rumor I’ve heard about why the Gen5 G19 and G17 failed testing at a large federal agency was that the testers had disassembled, and improperly reassembled, the trigger return spring assembly. The primary failure mode during testing was breakage of the trigger spring assembly.
    I could see that happening as there is definitely a “correct” way to do it.

What advice would folks have for smoothing out a Glock trigger? I’m looking to have the trigger behave more like a smooth DA pull as opposed to that small hitch that I experience just before the shot with most Glocks.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Specifically, plastic stirrup /bar/flag that holds the Gen 5 trigger spring in place.

The new part is described in this video between the 10:00 and 12:00 minute marks.

No other Agency (that I am aware of) has experienced this issue with Gen5/M models and failure of this part due to improper re-assembly is a known issue. As such I’m inclined to believe the issues in this particular agency test were self induced.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    What advice would folks have for smoothing out a Glock trigger? I’m looking to have the trigger behave more like a smooth DA pull as opposed to that small hitch that I experience just before the shot with most Glocks.
    In one of my gen 4s I used the TTI connector only and it gave a nice rolling break. Everything else was OEM.

I have not tried anything to the gen 5s. I might give TTI a try again. My gen 5 g45 trigger has turned crappy. A few hitches and like a 2 stage trigger. I know Glock sells every pistol they make but geeze just a little more thought into coatings/material or whatever would be welcomed.

Name:  993D3A1A-B497-4737-94CC-7103F5292925.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  89.9 KB

G45 MOS with threaded barrels in grey and FDE seem to be hitting shelves.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

For Post 3175,
    I'll suggest trying either or both of two parts:
    -Glock minus connector
    https://www.glockparts.com/custom/GLSP721.htm

There are other brands, but I've only tried a few other brands. My Glocks, if a minus connector, are using Glock-brand, aka OEM, connectors. The quality and consistency just seems to be more reliable. If being used to replace a "dot" connector, expect ~1/2 less in trigger pull weight The connectors are often sold out. Do get on a waiting list as the connector can come into the supplier and the ship out before its website even says it's in stock, depending on if the supplier has a back-order system or merely an email to let you know it's now in-stock. Ebay might be another source if the seller seems legit.

#39651 NY1 Gen5 trigger spring. This spring will raise your trigger pull to ~8 pounds (from the standard 5.5 pounds) and will give a more DA-revolver-like feel.
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/39651

Again, shop around &/or get on the waiting list(s) for these parts.

Once you try these parts, come back and let us know how it/they worked out compared to what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Name:  993D3A1A-B497-4737-94CC-7103F5292925.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  89.9 KB

G45 MOS with threaded barrels in grey and FDE seem to be hitting shelves.
    Where did you find these? I wonder if it's a limited release.

User Tag List