Page 313 of 346 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Only had enough time to run 100 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115gr. FMJ through it today.
    Zero malfunctions (stock recoil spring), comp stayed tight (cleaned threads with acetone prior to the Locktite and torqued it tight).
    RDS zero remained the same.
    Muzzle rise was tamed to the point the dot never left the window at any time, pretty noticeable.
    I'm looking forward to trying some +P and +P+ when I get a chance to see if more gas equals more better.

Name:  20200929_095829.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  91.3 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Only had enough time to run 100 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115gr. FMJ through it today.
    Zero malfunctions (stock recoil spring), comp stayed tight (cleaned threads with acetone prior to the Locktite and torqued it tight).
    RDS zero remained the same.
    Muzzle rise was tamed to the point the dot never left the window at any time, pretty noticeable.
    I'm looking forward to trying some +P and +P+ when I get a chance to see if more gas equals more better.

Name:  20200929_095829.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  91.3 KB
    Very nice.. I have one very similar I’ve been carrying for a year or so now.
    Name:  5CCDE04D-3CEA-4457-BC54-447125407C58.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  43.8 KB

The Roland continues to impress

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The Roland continues to impress

I thought you hated Glocks!!! Don’t cave in, I’ve been using you as inspiration to stay strong in the “not-shooting-Glock” club!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Actually, listening to the discussion where the developer of the gun was talking about the “why”, it started as a joke but he found a lot of functionality from the comp as he was teaching mainly closed enrollment classes and found himself shooting thousands of rounds of duty ammo. I think he specifically mentioned 147 Ranger T +P.
    "Roland" aka Chuck Pressburg was a member of an Army Special Mission Unit at the time, meaning training with actual 9mm 124 grain NATO ball (+P equivalent).

You can listen first hand here, nothing about 147 Ranger T +P.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Well I added some Ameriglo Agent Sights to the G45 and headed out to the desert to confirm zero and do some shooting. It is extremely windy but I am happy with the results.I have some small tweaking to do to get the sights aligned and will head back out tomorrow with hopefully less wind. Pics just because.....

Attachment 61558Attachment 61559

I thought you hated Glocks!!! Don’t cave in, I’ve been using you as inspiration to stay strong in the “not-shooting-Glock” club!!
    Well to get here I’ve done all the things to it that folks say don’t do - and I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Well to get here I’ve done all the things to it that folks say don’t do - and I dig it.
    I just did the same to a Gen3 and it's a bad-ass blaster... "Leaving it stock" is un-American.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    "Roland" aka Chuck Pressburg was a member of an Army Special Mission Unit at the time, meaning training with actual 9mm 124 grain NATO ball (+P equivalent).

You can listen first hand here, nothing about 147 Ranger T +P.

Yeah, I’ve heard all Chuck’s stuff from Patreon and Primary and Secondary. Wasn’t referring to the origin story. He developed the gun initially as a joke but observed it really worked. The Ranger T comment came from a podcast after he retired and started Presscheck Consulting. During the closed enrollment classes, he uses the gear, guns, and ammo the customer uses. He had to shoot alot of a certain agency’s duty ammo (the Ranger T) for a class and was commenting about how “legit” that ammo was and how well it worked with the comp. It seemed relevant to the question EVP asked. I’ll link to it if I ever come across it again. I believe it was during the opening of one of the modcasts.

PS, while I won’t speak for SF or the Rangers, I know a lot of SOF guys do shoot duty ammunition for training. A MARSOC buddy I train with gave me a couple boxes of 124 Federal Hydroshock from a pallet that DOJ left them after a training package.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I’ve heard all Chuck’s stuff from Patreon and Primary and Secondary. Wasn’t referring to the origin story. He developed the gun initially as a joke but observed it really worked. The Ranger T comment came from a podcast after he retired and started Presscheck Consulting. During the closed enrollment classes, he uses the gear, guns, and ammo the customer uses. He had to shoot alot of a certain agency’s duty ammo (the Ranger T) for a class and was commenting about how “legit” that ammo was and how well it worked with the comp. It seemed relevant to the question EVP asked. I’ll link to it if I ever come across it again. I believe it was during the opening of one of the modcasts.

PS, while I won’t speak for SF or the Rangers, I know a lot of SOF guys do shoot duty ammunition for training. A MARSOC buddy I train with gave me a couple boxes of 124 Federal Hydroshock from a pallet that DOJ left them after a training package.
    Until the MHS program most .mil training was done with M882 ball which is nato spec / equal to plus p. Back in the light fighter days, long before P&S people were trying KKM comps and complaining to Roland when the would not run with weak sally world Winchester white box. The answer was - the concept was for nato spec ammo, don’t be poor.

Many traveling instructors doing GOV agency classes include the host agency supplying them ammo. OPA (Other Peoples Ammo)is the best kind of ammo.

Re: hydra shok - though some SOF used pistol hollow points during the GWOT I don’t believe it was hydra shok. Ammo guns and gear get distributed, traded, surplussed among .GOV agencies all the time. We’ve had old hydra shok 9mm 124 surpluses from another agency as training ammo- it’s likely how your buddy encountered it. I’ve mentioned before shooting British surplus L2A2,5.56 as training ammo.

Since the hotter the ammo the better the company works I kinda want a to comp a G23.5 MOS ..

User Tag List