Page 304 of 346 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Noticed that Glock is now offering a Modular Magwell for GEN5 G17/34/45 pistols.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Noticed that Glock is now offering a Modular Magwell for GEN5 G17/34/45 pistols.

Wow! About time they made their own.

I think it is funny, Glock finally comes out with their own magwell (which looks like a afterthought) when the gen 5 guns don’t even need them. Oh Glock.

I’ve got a few thousand rounds through a gen 5 19 and I’ve never cleaned it and have never had a malfunction.

I’ve had a little hitch in the trigger where after you take up the pre travel it’s almost like a mini wall before you hit the real wall. Sticks a little. Been doing it a while. Don’t notice it when shooting really, maybe on slow precise shots but it’s annoying dry firing.

I think I’m going to get a Glock Triggers Guardian trigger for it because it’s all stock Glock parts that have a mirror polish and maybe that’ll get rid of that hitch in the trigger.

I have Warren sights on it that aren’t Gen 5 specific and they shoot good with 115g. 147g shoots a little high.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I’ve got a few thousand rounds through a gen 5 19 and I’ve never cleaned it and have never had a malfunction.

I’ve had a little hitch in the trigger where after you take up the pre travel it’s almost like a mini wall before you hit the real wall. Sticks a little. Been doing it a while. Don’t notice it when shooting really, maybe on slow precise shots but it’s annoying dry firing.

I think I’m going to get a Glock Triggers Guardian trigger for it because it’s all stock Glock parts that have a mirror polish and maybe that’ll get rid of that hitch in the trigger.

I have Warren sights on it that aren’t Gen 5 specific and they shoot good with 115g. 147g shoots a little high.
    Break it down first, clean the trigger assembly, lube where the connector and trigger meet. I also put a drop of lube on the trigger return spring. That may clean it up

Finally after a couple years of GJM badgering me to, I installed 5lb striker springs in my 19X and G45, as he and Gabe do and have had fine ignition across like a million rounds by now. This did not decrease the weight insofar as I could measure but it smoothed the press out even more and IMO improved my hits.

A walk back to 45 yards. That would have been less consistent prior by my recollection.

Name:  IMG_0245.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  82.9 KB

a couple weeks later two walkbacks, one SHO one freestyle

Attachment 56605

Not such a difference close up at speed but tight shots, yeah.
    Last edited by JHC; 06-30-2020 at 06:46 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The 5# FPS should reduce your trigger pull approximately 4 OZ. JHC

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The 5# FPS should reduce your trigger pull approximately 4 OZ. JHC
    Thanks! That's a little finer than I can testify to with my spring scale. Good to know. That puts me a bit over 5lbs I guess.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Break it down first, clean the trigger assembly, lube where the connector and trigger meet. I also put a drop of lube on the trigger return spring. That may clean it up
    Did that yesterday. Wasn’t actually all that dirty but I wiped everything down with CLP and lubed the connector with Cherry Balmz. I’ve been watching some Johnny Glock videos and I’m going to guess that the hitch is from how the striker interacts with the safety plunger.

I remember someone else saying they had the hitch and it didn’t go away until they replaced the striker I believe.

There’s some other stuff I want to do regardless. I’m going to put in a minus connector, 5lb striker spring, a Lone Wolf channel liner, and a reduced safety plunger spring. Curious to see the outcome with a gen 5.

Who are we buying 5lb striker springs from?
    P320 - a whole lot of mehh topped off with a "don't drop it" cherry.

User Tag List