Page 301 of 346 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

True for me. I went back to the OEM connector.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

An OEM minus is almost certain to improve a Gen 3/4, but iffy in a Gen 5. A dot connector and a reduced striker spring is the high prob solution for a G5.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that the minus connector in a Gen 5 makes the trigger mushy ? True ?
    They make all gen triggers mushy. Which is sort of why they help me actually.

I’ve always tried to stay with Glock connectors but today I tried a couple TTI connectors that I bought a few years ago in 2 G34.5s. I thought they definitely added a harder wall and I swear the overtravel and reset travel seemed to be less. I wish I had a way to measure it to make sure I’m not imagining it.

Regardless, I planned to only try one and put the minus back in but I ended up installing both and plan to shoot them from now on.

Someone a lot smarter than me, said non OEM connectors are fine for gaming, but to only use an OEM connector for defense.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So far with my first Gen5, I have not felt the need to do anything with the trigger. I do have an OEM minus I could throw in there if I felt compelled to do so.

On another subject: Has anyone tried the new Trijicon Fiber optic sights on a Gen5? They use what looks to be a slightly de-horned HD rear sight, sans tritium and with a narrower notch, and a typical thin fiber front.

I stripped my Gen 5 19 MOS this weekend for a full detail clean before installing the RMR. In the re-assembly process I installed an OEM Minus Connector I had laying around. The gun had 1,400 rounds on it. I put 100 through it yesterday and between that and some dryfire I think I'm gonna go back. It's lighter, but the overall press has a more defined wall, or rather, it feels like your finger is falling off a cliff when it breaks and it's hard to not punch it down. I see it in the dot and it showed up on a 25yd target too:

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

...Due to the ambidextrous slide release adding slightly to the width on the right side.Usually not an issue with leather holster’s. With Kydex and Safari land duty holster’s they can usually be modified easily with a heat gun or a file. The other option is to get a Dremel cutting wheel and simply cut off the right side lever and your GEN five will work in every older Glock holster.
    Question about the 19 Gen 5 width. I see it's 1.34" on the Glock website/Handgun Hero and wonder is that only from the slide release or is the grip wider also?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Question about the 19 Gen 5 width. I see it's 1.34" on the Glock website/Handgun Hero and wonder is that only from the slide release or is the grip wider also?
    I imagine it's with the ambi slide release as mine doesn't feel any wider than my previous gen Glocks, and without any backstrap actually feels thinner.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Maybe a bit off topic, but after shooting and now owning both a g45,and g19, both MOS pistols, does anyone know if Glock plans on giving the g21 the “gen5” treatment? Primarily, the breechface cut..possibly a MOS model. I’ve had probably around 7-8 g19’s, (gen3-4) 2 g21’s,(both gen4) a gen 4 g17,MOS, In the past, all have had BTF issues, the gen 5 guns with the breechface cut, I own, haven’t, they have strong right hand ejection, I wouldn’t mind a g21 that didn’t throw brass at me..

User Tag List