Page 300 of 346 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I would try a gen 5 trigger housing with new 47021 ejector.

Part number 47208 and swap the ejector over. Less than $10.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by C.W. Clark View Post
    Wait I thought Previous Gen mags would NOT work in a Gen 5. Or is it vice versa?
    Nope.

The only mag compatibility issue is the gen 5 mag base plates extended front lip won’t work with the Glock 19x and this is easily and cheaply fixed by switching to gen 4 or Vickers base plates.

There are some issues using GEN five Glock’s in older holsters Due to the ambidextrous slide release adding slightly to the width on the right side.Usually not an issue with leather holster’s. With Kydex and Safari land duty holster’s they can usually be modified easily with a heat gun or a file. The other option is to get a Dremel cutting wheel and simply cut off the right side lever and your GEN five will work in every older Glock holster.

Vending Machine Operator
    My LGS finally got their blue label stocking dealer status set up. I’m blue label eligible. I really like my G19 Gen 5 and my G17 Gen 4.

This is the story of how I now own a G17 Gen 5 MOS.

I just got the cheaper Glock night sights, not my usual Ameriglo. Figuring my dot will be the focus of my aim.

My first optics pistol! Now, to pick a dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Vending Machine Operator
    Quick very stupid question...Glock's website says the MOS has multiple mounting plates, but I have none that came in the box. Do those come with the sight?

Edit: Never mind, I'm stupid, I found it. My IQ is at about 10 points with new gun excitement.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

If a fellow was looking for a set of night sights, with a thinner front blade (ala Trijicon HD XR's), but with a square rear notch, for a Gen 5 19, what are the options? From what I can tell, if I want a thin front sight from Ameriglo, I'll have to piece together a set. I believe the standard Ameriglo front sight width is .140", but IIRC, the do make a .125" width front sight... the HD XR's are .118".

POA/POI seems to be a "split the bull" sight picture (which I prefer) at 25 yards, with the stock 6.1mm rear sight and standard Glock front. I split the four squares with the front sight and got this, with 15 rounds of RA9T @ 25 yards:

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    If a fellow was looking for a set of night sights, with a thinner front blade (ala Trijicon HD XR's), but with a square rear notch, for a Gen 5 19, what are the options? From what I can tell, if I want a thin front sight from Ameriglo, I'll have to piece together a set. I believe the standard Ameriglo front sight width is .140", but IIRC, the do make a .125" width front sight... the HD XR's are .118".

POA/POI seems to be a "split the bull" sight picture (which I prefer) at 25 yards, with the stock 6.1mm rear sight and standard Glock front. I split the four squares with the front sight and got this, with 15 rounds of RA9T @ 25 yards:

Ameriglo makes Glock sights in damn near any height and width you might like. If you like the current POI, get one in the same height as your current sight, but in the .125"

If Ameriglo doesn't float your boat, the next "easy" button would be Dawson. They make a million variations, and have the "perfect impact" guarantee if you get the wrong sight the first time.

I've got a Gen 5 G19 MOS.

I happened to find an OEM Glock "minus" connector cleaning out my parts bin.

Anyone put one in their Gen 5? Was there an improvement? Would it cause function issues?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post

Anyone put one in their Gen 5? Was there an improvement? Would it cause function issues?
    They work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post

They reduce the trigger pull weight on a Gen 5 Glock by about 8oz. and work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    They reduce the trigger pull weight on a Gen 5 Glock by about 8oz. and work fine.
    I thought I read somewhere that the minus connector in a Gen 5 makes the trigger mushy ? True ?

User Tag List