Page 3 of 346 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Do the Gen5 G19's have the smooth-faced trigger or the traditional G19 trigger? Ameriglo BOLD sights, BTF-free ejection, and a smooth-faced trigger make for my ideal G19. Of course swapping out triggers is just a 3 minute job, but it'd be great to buy a pistol just they way I like it.
    Every picture I've seen shows a smooth faced trigger.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    Damn, that's a good deal. Is that what we could expect for GSSF prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No idea...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Do the Gen5 G19's have the smooth-faced trigger or the traditional G19 trigger? Ameriglo BOLD sights, BTF-free ejection, and a smooth-faced trigger make for my ideal G19. Of course swapping out triggers is just a 3 minute job, but it'd be great to buy a pistol just they way I like it.
    Yes, the 19 comes with the smooth faced trigger.

Name:  IMG_1991.jpg
Views: 3258
Size:  88.8 KBName:  IMG_1990.jpg
Views: 3277
Size:  100.4 KB
    I ran 320rds. out of my gen. 5 19 this morning. Ejection was good so far. I really like the smooth front strap. I'll do a more in depth review of it later when I have a bit more time.

Back from my first trip to shoot the new gun.
    I know there were a bunch of satisfied P320 owners until someone on youtube dropped it- but if the Gen5 continues to perform like it did today- then I am thrilled.
    I am in no way certified to take anything apart- much less a gun- so most of my observations may not satisfy a lot of technical questions.
    The trigger face is smooth and the trigger safety works no different than the Gen 4. The trigger is not even in the same game as the stock Gen 4 triggers. I do not see any reason to swap out the trigger for my own personnel use. The new trigger is pretty stiff and I have been shooting VP9, 9SK, and G19 with Evo Elite connector- so it will take a bit getting used to. I actually flinched a couple times due to the stiffness of the trigger, pulled a shots off target. But- it is really so much better than anything I have ever seen from Glock. I don't have anything to measure the weight and the trigger isn't as light as the VP9 or PPQ, but it is really good. I look forward to reading what good shooters think .
    The stock sights sit higher than the stocks sights I had on my Gen 4 G19. I am hoping that my Gen 4 Ameriglo Hackathorn sights fit on the Gen 5. I think they do- and I will switch them out. However- for those who just don't change out their stock sights- these are better.
    No issues with ejection......almost- I had one round go straight back, but it didn't hit me in the face. I was shooting 115gr Blazer- not the best ammo- but I have found it reliable after a few thousand rounds through multiple pistols.
    Round count:
    150 Blazer Brass 115gr- one ejection straight back- do I count that as BTF- well........it didn't hit me so I will be generous for now.
    50 Federal 147gr HST which is my carry ammo. Awesome ejection on this- I could have put a bucket down and collected most of my expended brass.
    10 Holmes 115gr Reloads- I finished my day blowing through a 10 round mag- no issues.
    So- fresh out of box, not even a wipe down (thinking I may just go to 2,000 unless someone says it may cause issues without cleaning anything off from the factory), and 0 malfunctions.
    One nice thing- I like the orange on the new mags. Makes round count easy.
    If anyone wants some basic pics- let me know. Again- not an armorer in any way shape or form, but I can field strip it and do a Gen 4 vs Gen 5 comparison. Let me know.

Overall very happy, but can't wait until GJM, Voodoo Man, and others send in their comments.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Pretty interesting that the slide stop engages the slide on both sides of the gun.

My question for those that handled one, particularly the 19, is the front U mag cutout noticeable while gripping the gun? Is it uncomfortable, or do you even notice it?
    Makes the 19 a go-to for me as my pinkie goes right into the hole. Makes my grip feel weird and can't imagine not having discomfort when firing. I have small hands and skinny fingers FWIW.

Pretty interesting that the slide stop engages the slide on both sides of the gun.

My question for those that handled one, particularly the 19, is the front U mag cutout noticeable while gripping the gun? Is it uncomfortable, or do you even notice it?
    I didn't notice it at all. My pinkie rests very comfortably on the lip of the magwell. I actually like not having the finger grooves. I really had no idea how much the finger grooves bothered me until this morning.

Couple more quick thoughts
    No finger grooves is a massive upgrade
    The Gen 5 fit in my JMCK IWB 3 for the G17, but not my AIWB 2.5 for G-17 Gen 4.
    Perfect fit in my Gen 4 DSG Arms IWB holster for Gen 4 G19.

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Yes and wonder how the chopped 17 to 19 grips will turn out
    I had the immediate thought eyeballing the 17 that you'd lose the new magwell flare. The magwell is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Definitely preferred the recoil of the G19. Positive reset, good trigger, like the magwell, ambi release and lack of finger groves...
    Agreed. I forgot to mention the magwell earlier: that thing really is like the mouth of a leopard.

I didn't notice the mag lip cutout, but A) I have skinny fingers, and B) 20 rounds isn't much.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 08-26-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Has anyone tried to put a gen4 slide lever into their gen5?

I assume it won't work but I'd like a better alternative than just dremeling off the nonused ambi slide release. I know there will be one available on the market any minute now though.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List