Page 298 of 346 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    *waves to MVS* (It's Rich J.)

I replaced a few parts in my early Gen 5, let me go look up the part nos. Brb.
    @MVS

This is from a post November '18; my early Gen 5 had about 3,205 rounds through it at the time:

"Sunday morning before I went to the range I disassembled and cleaned the frame parts. These were the part numbers on my November ‘17 purchase G19.5:

Trigger housing – 33667
    Ejector – 30274
    Connector – Dot
    Trigger Bar – 39701
    Slide Release – 33571-1
    Locking Block – 7894-1

The binding I had felt a while ago in the trigger was much better but not gone. So I ordered from Brownell’s a replacement Trigger mechanism housing (33854) with the upgraded ejector (47021), as well as a new smooth Trigger with trigger bar (39702). When all these parts arrive I will do a 25c trigger job with my Dremel and some Flitz, install and see how they feel."

This was followed by this post, 12-5-18:

"Glock 19.5: Did 0.25c trigger job with Dremel and Flitz. Polished the Connector (Dot) and rear lug of the Firing pin. Removed and cleaned the Extractor.

Renewed/polished the following parts:

- New Trigger Mechanism Housing with Ejector 47208 (with the 47021 Ejector)
    - New Trigger with trigger bar 39702 (polished)
    - New Firing pin safety 33782 (polished)

New OEM Extended Slide Release 47249.

Reassembled with a dot of grease in the connector lip.

Subjectively the trigger press seems smoother, about the same weight. No hitch in the take up. Kinda like it used to feel. The extended slide release is easier to release in my hand. I can now hit the release with my thumb.

I had no parts left over, and no springs were launched into low-earth orbit. So far, so good."

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Any advice on what to start looking at if I am having a lot of failures to extract with my Gen5 G19? Anyone else having this issue? Happens with any mag and using both S&B 115 and AE 147 ammo.
    If I'd a FTExtract issue with a Glock (any Gen), I'd look at:

-whether my EDP (extractor depressor plunger) was inserted in the correct direction; while doing that I'd ensure the EDP parts were ok;

-the extractor was in good shape and not somehow broken/chipped.

I'd typically be the only one working on my own Glocks and I'd likely know what I'd been recently touching/changing/working on.

If it was someone else's gun, besides looking at my suggested areas, I'd totally detail strip the Glock, examining all the parts; then reassemble, replacing any suspected wrong or broken parts; then test fire with known factory ammo (not the owner's unknown or suspect ammo).

In the end, I'd try to verify whether the problem was gun-related, ammo-related, or shooter-related.

Thanks for the tips guys. I have done nothing to this gun except have it milled for an RMR. It has sat for the last year because I had some health issues that prevented me from doing much at all during that time. I will have to go through my notebook but I would say I am only around 2,000 rounds on this gun. I guess I will tear it down and check everything out.

Any advice on what to start looking at if I am having a lot of failures to extract with my Gen5 G19? Anyone else having this issue? Happens with any mag and using both S&B 115 and AE 147 ammo.
    Do you have the newer version with the breech face cut?

This post ties in with the Range Ammo thread, but I discovered a problem with my gen 5 g34 FS model.

I have installed a 15lbs recoil spring, a 5lbs striker spring, and a Chpws mounted HE508T.

With new manufacture American Eagle, I have been experiencing duds on the first trigger press after an in-battery mag change. In multiple USPSA stages, as well as in training sessions. Even multiple strikes would not ignite the rounds, and occurred on average 1 in 75 shots (600rds of the 2020 manufactured American Eagle that comes in the new box design)

Well today I experienced 4. This time I actually took a look at the back of the cartridge after I ejected the round that failed to fire. Appeared to be an off-center strike, which indicates the gun is slightly out of battery. This typically means the gun is out of battery. I replaced with a new recoil spring, and had 2 more today. I then switched back to the last remaining bit of my old stock (late 18 early 19) American Eagle and fired 200 rounds problem free. Returned to the new stock and on my first reload had another off center strike.

I gave my training partner a box of the new-stock AE and he had zero problems in his 34.5.

It’s also important to note that EVERY SINGLE malf to date in this gun has been the first round after a closed battery mag change. At this point it has happened enough times that I don’t believe it’s coincidence.

Edit: I believe it’s worth it to mention that the spring mods I have done are considered very conservative, and thousands of USPSA shooters have done the same without ill effect. I question the springs being the issue, as many cases of old stock AE have been problem free- it has only arisen with the new stuff. And for me, only after a reload. I’m at a bit of a loss here, and it has me stressed about match use, as I can’t afford to experience dud rounds after any given reload, particularly on classifier stages.
    Last edited by fwrun; 02-16-2020 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Typos

I think I read about some folks having debris in the extractor tunnel area after RMR milling was done, or with the potential of screws or the screw holes interfering. Let us know what it turns out to be

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    This post ties in with the Range Ammo thread, but I discovered a problem with my gen 5 g34 FS model.

I have installed a 15lbs recoil spring, a 5lbs striker spring, and a Chpws mounted HE508T.

With new manufacture American Eagle, I have been experiencing duds on the first trigger press after an in-battery mag change. In multiple USPSA stages, as well as in training sessions. Even multiple strikes would not ignite the rounds, and occurred on average 1 in 75 shots (600rds of the 2020 manufactured American Eagle that comes in the new box design)

Well today I experienced 3. This time I actually took a look at the back of the cartridge after I ejected the round that failed to fire. Appeared to be an off-center strike, which indicates the gun is slightly out of battery. This typically means the gun is out of battery. I replaced with a new recoil spring, and had 2 more today. I then switched back to the last remaining bit of my old stock (late 18 early 19) American Eagle and fired 200 rounds problem free. Returned to the new stock and on my first reload had another off center strike.

I gave my training partner a box of the new-stock AE and he had zero problems in his 34.5.

It’s also important to note that EVERY SINGLE malf to date in this gun has been the first round after a closed battery mag change. At this point it has happened enough times that I don’t believe it’s coincidence.

Edit: I believe it’s worth it to mention that the spring mods I have done are considered very conservative, and thousands of USPSA shooters have done the same without ill effect. I question the springs being the issue, as many cases of old stock AE have been problem free- it has only arisen with the new stuff. And for me, only after a reload. I’m at a bit of a loss here, and it has me stressed about match use, as I can’t afford to experience dud rounds after any given reload, particularly on classifier stages.
    I’ve seen a similar issues caused after a user removed a backstrap and never replaced the pin that also holds the trigger mechanism housing in place.

I was a late comer to Glocks, and (other than a G29 that didn't get used much) started with a G26.5. It ran great for around 1,000-2,000 rounds, and then started having a failure to eject, oh, maybe every 50-100 rounds. I called Glock, and they asked if I had modified the gun (no), and then suggested as a first step to put in a new recoil spring assembly. I did that, and it went back to running fine.

So you might want to start with that simple change. That's assuming it was running fine previously. (Or, if during its idle time, whatever lube was in it gummed up. That detail strip/inspect/lube suggestion is always prudent.)

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Do you have the newer version with the breech face cut?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    I think I read about some folks having debris in the extractor tunnel area after RMR milling was done, or with the potential of screws or the screw holes interfering. Let us know what it turns out to be
    That is worth checking out.

User Tag List