Page 293 of 346 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Sorry to be an A$$, but could someone let me know what SKU or part number to order to get the most updated Glock 19. Going from a Glock 19 Gen3 and a gen 2.5, and I want to make sure I get the right one with most updated parts:
    In order of wants:

1. I want the breech cut for ejection.
    2. I don't want the cutout on the front of the grip.
    3. Preference for Austrian model.
    4. Mild preference is to not have FCS.
    5. Sights unimportant, will replace anyway.

Thanks!
    I believe you would have to purchase a gen 5 mos or g19 gen 5 with front serrations to get numbers 1 and 2. I think it's not possible to buy a g19 gen 5 with 1 and 2 without the front serrations. Otherwise I would have bought an fde g19, but I found out they didn't have the breechface cut.
    Not sure about the country production specifics.
    I was going to buy a FS g19 specifically to get this so called much better ejection. I ended up ordering a g19 mos becausemmi want to try the red dot concept.

As soon ask get mine I'm going to try the 1911 extraction test to see what happens. None of my gen 3 or 4s can do this but I don't have the apex fre just 30724 ejector.

Also does anyone happen to know the rear sight dimensions from the top of slide to top of rear sight?

I know the factory height is .256" overall.

I'm excited to try the red dots. Is the holosun 507c still a solid optioon to try the reds? I also noticed a deal on Dawson precision with sights and deltapoint pro for $450.

I'm not trying to spend rmr2 or Aimpoint micro money if the rds doesn't shake out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    In order of wants:

1. I want the breech cut for ejection.
    2. I don't want the cutout on the front of the grip.
    3. Preference for Austrian model.
    4. Mild preference is to not have FCS.
    5. Sights unimportant, will replace anyway.
    As @M2CattleCo noted, I think you'll need to get the FCS to get the features you want. This-- PA195S203 --may be the SKU you are looking for, but I haven't been able to verify that.

Anyone know how the Gen 5 G19 (and maybe G45) work with the Raven Phantom holster?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Anyone know how the Gen 5 G19 (and maybe G45) work with the Raven Phantom holster?

Thanks

Fine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post

Thanks
    My 19x works great in the RCS Phantom.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  29.2 KB

Does anyone know if the latest iterations of the G42 have the breech face notch?

Also, if I am going to add an Overwatch Precision Drop In Trigger Kit (OEM NP3 trigger bar) to a G42, there's no issues with using an SCD, right?

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Hey if I buy a current Production Glock 19 Gen 5, does anyone have a short list of key enhancements I might notice over my very early edition one?

Asking about:

- Notch in Grip?
    - Breech Face Cut?
    - Updated ejector part no?

I am pretty sure the dust cover matches the slide now, right?

Anything else I’m missing?

Pondering using this years GSSF coupon and just getting another G19 for carry/HD I can put a SCD on.

Thanks!
    Last edited by RJ; 01-17-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hey if I buy a current Production Glock 19 Gen 5, does anyone have a short list of key enhancements I might notice over my very early edition one?

Asking about:

- Notch in Grip?
    - Breech Face Cut?
    - Current ejector part no?

I am pretty sure the dust cover matches the slide now, right?

Anything else I’m missing?

Pondering using this years GSSF coupon and just getting another G19 for carry/HD I can put a SCD on.

Thanks!
    If I’m not mistaken, every G19 without the grip cutout has forward cocking serrations. Otherwise I think your list is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    People who have learned to see fast enough to track sights will do better with the fullsize gun.
    I don't think this is necessarily the case. Sight tracking should be about the same regardless between a 19 and 17, and I can't imagine anyone being able to notice an actual difference.

Sight radius helps you in one way: if you break a shot with an imperfect sight picture, such as the front sight slightly left or right of center in the rear notch, the angular displacement of the shot and thus the impact on the target is going to be less off center than a shorter sight radius pistol when you break a shot with the same imperfect sight picture.

If you have a perfect sight picture with a perfectly centered front sight between the rear notch, you can shoot just as accurately with a G26 as you can a G34. This is why most people report how accurate their shorter barrel Glocks are at 25 yd bullseye type targets. Of course in any kind of action pistol sport or defensive pistol shooting, we don't have the luxury of obtaining a perfect sight picture on every trigger press, and we have to learn to visually process a "good enough" sight picture. The longer the sight radius, the more forgiving that "good enough" sight picture will be. This is a simple physics and geometry situation, and there is no arguing that a longer sight radius will in fact result in more accurate shooting over time. The unknown question is just how much actual difference is there between two similar pistols with different sight radii, like a G19/G17/G34. In a sport or drills where there are so many variables, can that difference even be quantified?

As a recent example, I shot a GSSF match in 3 divisions: two with my G34.5 and one with my G19.5, and shot them back to back to back. I ended up having the best overall time and least amount of points down with my 19.5. It would be easy for most shooters to look at these results and come to the conclusion there is no difference in performance between a 34 and a 19. However, the reality is that the outcome in the results from that match fell within the normal variation in performance for me as a shooter, and the 19 just happened to fall within the high side of that while the two runs with the 34 fell in the middle to lower end of the range that day. I think the only appropriate conclusion I can draw from this is that the difference in performance between a 34 and a 19 for me on a GSSF course of fire is not statistically different enough to notice outside the normal range of variation. I think to really quantify the impact sight radius makes, you would have to track performance over time on a multitude of different drills for an individual shooter and run statistical analysis on it to determine the strength of that correlation.

I was at a shop a couple days ago and there was a gen 5 17 FS that did not have the breech face cut. My 19FS has the cut. Are they not putting them on the 17s?

I want a gun for IDPA/USPSA and don’t like the optic cut in the gen 5 34s so I was going to get a 17.

User Tag List