Page 292 of 346 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    People who have learned to see fast enough to track sights will do better with the fullsize gun.
    My brain isn’t in a fully functional state this evening. Could you expand on this for me? I’m not 100% sure what you mean.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

For all intents and purposes the 45 and 17 are both "full size" pistols chambered in 9mm.
    Any performance differences are due to personal preference in recoil characteristics not some inherent advantage in a pistol that's 7.95"OAL instead of one that's 7.44"OAL.

I could see the sight tracking difference come into play on pistols with actual recoil, but we're talking full grip full size 9mm's here...
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-02-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Just because a different slide length may track differently, doesn’t necessarily make one better. The 19, 17 and 34 each behave slightly different for me with a red dot. For that matter the Gen 4 and 5 Glock pistols seem like completely different platforms to me. Part is what you get used to, some may be how they interface with your shooter style, and some may be just subjective impressions. I am petty skeptical when someone pronounces a particular variant as “best.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

At the end of the day, it is worth trying them for yourself. We can all have opinions and what feels or shoots best for US. But it really does depend on your grip, strength, eyes etc. I guess I have always preferred the shorter slide fuller grip. I had liked the p220 carry over the full-size as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    My brain isn’t in a fully functional state this evening. Could you expand on this for me? I’m not 100% sure what you mean.
    Actually watching the front sight lift when the shot breaks.

MANY people are blinking when the shot breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    For all intents and purposes the 45 and 17 are both "full size" pistols chambered in 9mm.
    Any performance differences are due to personal preference in recoil characteristics not some inherent advantage in a pistol that's 7.95"OAL instead of one that's 7.44"OAL.

I could see the sight tracking difference come into play on pistols with actual recoil, but we're talking full grip full size 9mm's here...

No. They're both Glock 19s.

That last sentence. You swerved into the oncoming lane...

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Actually watching the front sight lift when the shot breaks.

MANY people are blinking when the shot breaks.
    Tracking. I see the sights lift when the shot breaks with every pistol most of the time if I'm paying attention. I can't say that I've noticed a difference based on slide length though. I don't see the sight during the entire recoil process though and I wanted to make sure that wasn't what you were talking about. Shot breaks, sights lift, I lose the sight as I regain my POA, then see the sight again before the next shot breaks.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I've shot the 19,17,45,19X back to back on a couple of drills for comparison a few times. Most commonly on the Gabe White drills. I always expect the 45 form to do better than the 19 because the bigger grip suits me better. My 45 and 19 scores are generally identical or as near as dammit. My 17 scores are always a noticable step better. Just my observation.

Same when I do 43X and 48 back to back.
    This right here. Could not have said it better. My 17 scores are always a step better on almost all drills and the timer never lies. Plus I'm carrying in a duty capacity with a SureFire X300U attached so a shorter slide does nothing for me, no matter how bad I want it to.
    Last edited by EJO; 01-05-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Site Supporter

So which is the most current G19? FCS, Cutout, breech?

Sorry to be an A$$, but could someone let me know what SKU or part number to order to get the most updated Glock 19. Going from a Glock 19 Gen3 and a gen 2.5, and I want to make sure I get the right one with most updated parts:
    In order of wants:

1. I want the breech cut for ejection.
    2. I don't want the cutout on the front of the grip.
    3. Preference for Austrian model.
    4. Mild preference is to not have FCS.
    5. Sights unimportant, will replace anyway.

Thanks!

The most current is with front serrations, no cutout on the grip, and the little notch in the breechface.

User Tag List