Page 290 of 346 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Yep. Whatever Glock uses is trash.

I had Robar do some parts in NP3 for me and they're doing fine, but nDLC would likely be tougher.

I wish there was a company that could add the breech face cut to earlier G1-G5 Glocks. I’ve got two early Gen 5s that I’d send in to have the cut done without thinking twice. Also, I wonder how a NP3 trigger bar would hold up in these guns...might send a few trigger bars to Robar soon.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yep. Whatever Glock uses is trash.

I had Robar do some parts in NP3 for me and they're doing fine, but nDLC would likely be tougher.
    There was a guy on ARFCOM who claimed to have found a shop that could do the coating, but he never responded to my request for info. There has to be a small shop that can economically coat parts.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I thought Robar closed.

Regarding the durability of cheap parts, my G27 went tits up on 27 Sep 2015 due to a firing pin bushing issue at 19,579 dry fires. Mother repaired it, charging for a slide replacement only.

On 05 Dec 2019 my frankengun G23 failed, also on a firing pin bushing issue, after 59,771 dry fires. Mother replaced the slide at no charge.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 12-27-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Speling

Robar did close, but they never did NP3.

They contracted it out.

I think Vang-Comp can get stuff done now.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I wish there was a company that could add the breech face cut to earlier G1-G5 Glocks. I’ve got two early Gen 5s that I’d send in to have the cut done without thinking twice. Also, I wonder how a NP3 trigger bar would hold up in these guns...might send a few trigger bars to Robar soon.
    I really think this can be done with a Dremel. It's not much and it looks like it just needs to keep the rim from riding the radius of the slide/breechface.

Is there any good reason to buy a G17 with the availability of a G45? I'm looking at picking up one or the other this week and am indecisive. The gun will be milled for a dot so sight radius isn't a concern. I currently have a pair of G19 MOSs and a G43X/Holosun that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Is there any good reason to buy a G17 with the availability of a G45? I'm looking at picking up one or the other this week and am indecisive. The gun will be milled for a dot so sight radius isn't a concern. I currently have a pair of G19 MOSs and a G43X/Holosun that I really like.
    For me personally, no. I sold my last Glock 17 after shooting a Glock 45.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post

Shoot both and see if you like one better. Myself? I can tell a difference between a 19 and a 17, prefer everything about the 17 length slide. But I have a shot timer.

User Tag List