Page 287 of 346 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Just swapped mine out and wow, big improvement! Thanks. Much less hitchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Yep, the trigger mechanism housing is sometimes the unidentified culprit in sub-par Glock triggers. One of my two gen 4 G19s had a rougher trigger than the other. After much diagnosis I narrowed it down to the slot in the trigger mechanism housing that the connector flexes back into -- it was just *slightly* too tight. A few passes with a file, removing an imperceptible amount of polymer, smoothed it out nicely.

Is there a difference between USA and Austria Glocks? Does anyone have a preference for either?

I doubt it matters, but I have a preference for the Austrian ones.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I had a thought the other day when installing an optic onto one of my G5 G17MOS. Had anyone experimented shooting an MOS gun with the MOS cover plate removed? It’s a fairly heavy chunk of metal and would significantly reduce the reciprocating weight...it’s basically in the same place as Atlas Gunworks does their saddle cut on their competition guns to help them track flatter.

Don’t always get lockback on empty when shooting my Glocks, and since the factory Gen 5 slide release is a little thicker than the G1-G4 Glocks, I decided to find a solution without having to change my grip. Kagwerks makes a raised and extended slide release that places the slide release away from the shooter’s grip about 1/3 up the slide. Got it swapped in and look forward to testing it soon. Here is one installed on my G5 17:

Attachment 45226

Attachment 45227

Attachment 45228

Attachment 45229
    Shoot more, post less...

My G19.5 has a 19X slide on it, AOS system and a Holosun 508T (previously RMRv2). Runs great... except when I shoot it support hand only. Then I get inline "stovepipe" where the spent shell is caught, horizontally, with the top of the case facing back at me. At first I attributed it to some Remington Green Box 115 I was burning up, but last time I experienced the same with my preferred Federal AE 147.

Approx 2000 rounds through the gun at this point.

Not sure what's up with that. "Limp wristing" is not something I've ever been accused of, but I have been trying the "hitchhiker" one-hand shooting style, maybe that is resulting in insufficient resistance.

I ordered the 19X ejector to try. I'll also try it with the original G19.5 slide for comparison.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    My G19.5 has a 19X slide on it, AOS system and a Holosun 508T (previously RMRv2). Runs great... except when I shoot it support hand only. Then I get inline "stovepipe" where the spent shell is caught, horizontally, with the top of the case facing back at me. At first I attributed it to some Remington Green Box 115 I was burning up, but last time I experienced the same with my preferred Federal AE 147.

Approx 2000 rounds through the gun at this point.

Not sure what's up with that. "Limp wristing" is not something I've ever been accused of, but I have been trying the "hitchhiker" one-hand shooting style, maybe that is resulting in insufficient resistance.

I ordered the 19X ejector to try. I'll also try it with the original G19.5 slide for comparison.
    I swapped slides between my 19x and 19.5 MOS - no issues with either configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Don’t always get lockback on empty when shooting my Glocks, and since the factory Gen 5 slide release is a little thicker than the G1-G4 Glocks, I decided to find a solution without having to change my grip. Kagwerks makes a raised and extended slide release that places the slide release away from the shooter’s grip about 1/3 up the slide. Got it swapped in and look forward to testing it soon. Here is one installed on my G5 17:

Attachment 45226

Attachment 45227

Attachment 45228

Attachment 45229
    Interesting. How does it affect holster fit?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting. How does it affect holster fit?
    Fits my Safariland 6378 just fine. Had to take a candle to my AIWB holsters to form them around the slide stop. Heated the area and then pressed around it and held for ~30 seconds. Now the holsters have a little “pocket” for the slide release to fit into when the gun is fully inserted.

Side note, the slide stop does seem to slightly ride the slide when I cycle the action. Tried to bend it outward a little bit but that’s not happening. Got some slight cosmetic scratches from hand cycling my G17 slide ~100 times. Doesn’t really bother me but a heads up to others who are considering buying this. I may take a file to the backside of the slide stops that face the slide to see if that helps.

Attachment 45237

Attachment 45238
    Shoot more, post less...

Name:  06A5F905-981A-4737-B20E-415DEFD97069.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  53.0 KB
    Located one of the factory threaded barreled G45’s. I think the suppressor sights are Ameriglo’s.

User Tag List