Page 283 of 346 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I had a little bit of similar wear, but after I knocked the edges off it stayed the same feel on the trigger pull.

I’m very strongly in the don’t use abrasives one Glock triggers camp, but since I’m trashing all the ignition parts on this gun, I went through the system hitting the engagements with a dremel. The problem area was just the trigger bar and striker engagement surfaces.

I’ve got a couple companies I’m going to reach out to about putting together a “stock” trigger kit for those of us who prefer factory triggers, but don’t want to worry about this kind of stuff. Polish a few engagement points, ship it off to whoever is doing NP3 now (Wright over in this area), and bam you can buy an ignition kit that will be smoother and you won’t have to wonder when your trigger will destroy itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    To add to the trigger woes, my 34.5 trigger went to shit around 8,500 rounds. I tried polishing, which helped briefly, but it quickly got worse again.

I’ll be replacing all the internals, so one by one I start sanding parts to see if I could see where the burs are, turns out it’s the back of the cruciform and the striker tail. I expected it to be the slide stop/trigger interface but that wasn’t involved.

Has anyone found a good fix? If I get all new internals, won’t they just do the same thing if I don’t get them coated in something like NP3? If so, what’s the best coating for the application?
    Any theory why this on the Gen 5 pistols, but not as I recall, on Gen 4?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Well with the way the gen 5 striker safety is shaped, looks like the trigger bar is digging in to it. The previous generations were flat.

For Post 2880 and the related posts regarding someone's Gen5 trigger.
    -We can only speculate and take the poster's word his Gen5 trigger went bad over time; we're unable to feel it for ourselves and can't diagnose the problem in-person.

-Any reasons for this specific trigger-issue has not yet been identified.

-It doesn't mean all Gen5 triggers will eventually go bad.

-I found the post relating to a Glock firing pin safety with a burr to be an anomaly. I suspect it may have been just a bad part.
    In the past, with the older circular firing pin safeties, the safeties could get chewed up by someone repeatedly pulling back the striker and letting it snap back against the firing pin safety. If anyone out there is doing this, stop doing it. Then take the slide apart and inspect the firing pin safety and might-as-well look at the firing pin too.

I'll now add to two other things I've come across on two of my personal Glocks over the years.

-I had a rough trigger mechanism housing, a polymer part. The polymer where the trigger bar's "cruciform" rode was rough and only replacement of that part cured the problem. This was on a G21SF.

-Another also had to do with Glock's polymer parts. On my G26gen3, I had a rough trigger and don't think it was always like this but later became noticeable at ~13,000 rounds. The cause turned out to be the firing pin spring cups. (I wasted some time & money, maybe $3, by first replacing the firing pin channel liner, but still found the trigger a problem.)

Someday, perhaps I'll come across other weird/unusual Glock parts to replace in one of my Glocks yet might be fine in several of my other Glocks.

I've had Glock triggers of Generations go bad. It's usually the ramp lifts the firing pin block and the firing pin block that

get chewed up and makes the trigger nasty.

I’ve had issues with some older generations wearing out trigger parts, but not to this degree. This is my only gen 5, so I can’t use any imperial data, but I’ve had trigger wear issues with a gen 3 as well.

This same gun also needed the channel liner replaced, as it’d worn to the point that it wouldn’t let the slide cover plate come off the rear.

I’ll report back once I get the replacement parts finished.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Nearing 5,000 rounds through my early pig nosed G19.5.

If I wanted to ‘freshen up’ the trigger group with new factory internals, what would be a good list of parts to add to my Brownell’s cart?
    Last edited by RJ; 11-03-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

If I wanted to ‘freshen up’ the trigger group with new factory internals, what would be a good list of parts to add to my Brownell’s cart?
    Rich,

I would buy one of everything since Glock parts are cheap. Take advantage of the platform and have a generous spare parts kit.

Nearing 5,000 rounds through my early pig nosed G19.5. If I wanted to ‘freshen up’ the trigger group with new factory internals, what would be a good list of parts to add to my Brownell’s cart?
    5000 rounds is nothing. If something is amiss in the gun, send it to GI for inspection and overhaul.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I asked @Pensfan what the parts replacement schedule was for Gen5 guns. He said that he replaces the recoil spring in his personal gun every 10k rounds. He didn’t mention any other parts swapping. I couldn’t hurt to swap out your recoil spring if you’re worried about wear on the gun but it doesn’t sound like you need to prioritize any other small parts this early.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List