Page 282 of 346 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I don’t know how sensitive to length you are but you can use the 19 length and it will help fight roll out. I know some folks will use 17 length holsters for them too. I’m using a 19 length tenicor velo for a 17, 19, and a 26 on occasion. I need to get a wing claw to try one of these days.

Jason
    Last edited by Ndbbm; 10-29-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Check out the SOB conform holster.

I’ve had lots of fancy holsters and still use a Tenicor Velo but this SOB holster is simple and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Check out the SOB conform holster.

I’ve had lots of fancy holsters and still use a Tenicor Velo but this SOB holster is simple and comfortable.
    Sob the brand name? I tried to google but no dice. Or is it a small of back holster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Sob the brand name? I tried to google but no dice. Or is it a small of back holster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sheriff of Baghdad.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Sheriff of Baghdad.
    Correct. Sorry.

John Mcphees company. Former Delta guy. Easy to overlook them and I laughed them off at first but I got one and I love it.

I just picked up a gen 5 34 MOS and gen5 45, both with Ameriglo sights. So far, I am very impressed handling them. I plan on shooting them both on Thirsday morning.

Site Supporter
    slight thread drift

I use a SOB (G17 sized) when I carry a G19 v the G35/G34. It is easy on/off, stays in place when mated to a good belt and reholsters one handed.

On the downside- it holds the weapon a bit low relative to a keepers/shaggy such that it will never be as fast as those kydex rigs for me.

I caught it second hand for a good price. I am not sure I would pay retail relative to various kydex and even injection molded solutions.

I would note there is something cool about carrying a weathered Gen 2 G19 in leather.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 10-30-2019 at 11:19 AM.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

To add to the trigger woes, my 34.5 trigger went to shit around 8,500 rounds. I tried polishing, which helped briefly, but it quickly got worse again.

I’ll be replacing all the internals, so one by one I start sanding parts to see if I could see where the burs are, turns out it’s the back of the cruciform and the striker tail. I expected it to be the slide stop/trigger interface but that wasn’t involved.

Has anyone found a good fix? If I get all new internals, won’t they just do the same thing if I don’t get them coated in something like NP3? If so, what’s the best coating for the application?
    Last edited by BK14; 11-01-2019 at 04:33 PM.

I used NP3 on mine but haven't put a ton of rounds through 'em since.

The nDLC that Glock uses on the real M guns may be better or not.

Easy thing to do is just throw new guts in it when it gets bad. That's what Glock does.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    To add to the trigger woes, my 34.5 trigger went to shit around 8,500 rounds. I tried polishing, which helped briefly, but it quickly got worse again.

I’ll be replacing all the internals, so one by one I start sanding parts to see if I could see where the burs are, turns out it’s the back of the cruciform and the striker tail. I expected it to be the slide stop/trigger interface but that wasn’t involved.

Has anyone found a good fix? If I get all new internals, won’t they just do the same thing if I don’t get them coated in something like NP3? If so, what’s the best coating for the application?
    Does your safety plunger show peening wear? This is mine after 10K rounds. You can see the wear on the lower right ledge of the plunger. Replacing it with a new factory one improved my trigger pull weight by almost 1lb if I recall correctly.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List