Page 280 of 346 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    My gen5 G17's trigger is pretty nice I think, and accuracy is superb! I do notice the slide gets hotter than I remember the Gen 3 getting but maybe my imagination? I love this pistol!
    Lots of people are reporting higher heat retention.

Give me some sight recommendations for a carry G19. I don’t buy in to 3 dot night sights and all that. I like fiber optic front at most really.

Really big fan of Ameriglo Defoor all black sights minus the fact that I think the rear sight is a little wide.

Was thinking of Warren Sevigny competition sights. .130 rear notch and .115 front sight sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Give me some sight recommendations for a carry G19. I don’t buy in to 3 dot night sights and all that. I like fiber optic front at most really.

Really big fan of Ameriglo Defoor all black sights minus the fact that I think the rear sight is a little wide.

Was thinking of Warren Sevigny competition sights. .130 rear notch and .115 front sight sounds nice.
    It sort of sounds like you have a preference.
    That said, hard to go wrong with Warren/Sevigny. I have a Sevigny night sight setup on a Gen4 GLOCK 19 I like very much. Heinie sights on other pistols; they are excellent also. The GLOCK BOLD (orange front) night sights look good to my older eyes. JMO, but I would not typically run fiber on a carry gun-just me, many folks do.
    Again, my opinion, but my preference is for at least a front night sight.

Dawson precision, 10 -8 performance, trijicon hd or hd xr, Wilson combat, ameriglo or any combination of those.

My favorite all around carry setup is a trijicon hd xr front matched with a .140 wide rear made by tooltech serrated with subdued yellow vials.

Name:  A7B76BB9-F1D5-432A-8767-747D418849D2.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  56.9 KB

I’m gonna keep this one slick, meaning no optic.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Name:  A7B76BB9-F1D5-432A-8767-747D418849D2.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  56.9 KB

I’m gonna keep this one slick, meaning no optic.
    No cutout? So nice. I prefer the TD controls but other than that, I want the exact same thing. Then another plus RMR. Then a full RS to accompany my Gen 4 RS. I have some Glocks to buy...
    Last edited by Wake27; 10-27-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Be aware that the Warren/Sevigny rear sights are angled back toward the shooter to mitigate glare, but it also creates a couple of spikes at the rear of the notch that can poke your hand / put holes in shirts.

Ameriglo used to make a .130" notch DeFoor rear.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Be aware that the Warren/Sevigny rear sights are angled back toward the shooter to mitigate glare, but it also creates a couple of spikes at the rear of the notch that can poke your hand / put holes in shirts.

Ameriglo used to make a .130" notch DeFoor rear.
    Yea that would be no good so rules those out.

The Sevigny/Warren carry ones I’m sure don’t have that problem but they are .150 rear notch width. Not bad with the .125 front sight they come with but that’s a pretty fat front sight.

.115 front is perfect IMO.

Most Ameriglos have .180 rears and .140 fronts which is crazy to me.

I had Trijicon HD XRs once and the front sight was good but the rear sight had a crazy notch.

Think I got it figured out. A custom Defoor set basically.

.256 tall .130 rear notch.

.180 tall .115 front sight.

I think this will work well on the gen 5. Earlier gens use a .165 tall front sight.

Think I got it figured out. A custom Defoor set basically.

.256 tall .130 rear notch.

.180 tall .115 front sight.

I think this will work well on the gen 5. Earlier gens use a .165 tall front sight.
    Ameriglo GL-400-130 is the black DeFoor rear with .130" notch.

User Tag List