Page 276 of 346 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I wonder how long it will take them to churn out all the contract pistols and offer the G47 to the commercial market..

Because yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that they will do so once they have the capacity. Regardless of what they're saying right now.

You’re most likely right. People love owning copies of LE/MIL service weapons. While the Glock 47 won’t have the same appeal as the Sig M17 clones, there will definitely be many buyers. Plus it’s basically a double stack Glock 48 since the slide and frame are interchangeable with similar smaller guns. Buy a Glock 47 and a Glock 19 and you also have a Glock 45 and a Glock 19L by swapping the slides and frames around.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'm starting to give some thought to shuffling around some projects, selling my "backup" G19.5, and picking up a G45 MOS for later use with an ACRO. One thing I'm curious about that I can't recall hearing a definitive answer on - are Gen 4 aftermarket barrels compatible with Gen 5 slides? I've got a Blacklist barrel in my G19.4 MOS, and if I transition over to the G45 completely, I'd prefer to just drop my barrel into the new gun rather than paying another $180+ for a duplicate barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I'm starting to give some thought to shuffling around some projects, selling my "backup" G19.5, and picking up a G45 MOS for later use with an ACRO. One thing I'm curious about that I can't recall hearing a definitive answer on - are Gen 4 aftermarket barrels compatible with Gen 5 slides? I've got a Blacklist barrel in my G19.4 MOS, and if I transition over to the G45 completely, I'd prefer to just drop my barrel into the new gun rather than paying another $180+ for a duplicate barrel.
    Yes the 4th gen 19 barrels are compatible with 5th Gen 19's. Unless you are going with a threaded barrel option, I personally wouldn't swap. I find the factory Gen 5 barrels to be as accurate as any aftermarket drop in barrels.

This is my last 50 round qualification target, the two 9 ring hits were the first two rounds fired at 25 yards. Everything else was fired from 20 yards in to 3 yards. This G45 Mos IS seriously dialed in. It is one of the most accurate Glocks I have.

G45 MOS

Gen5 19 top group 10 yards. bottom group 12 yards.

G19X
    10 yards

For comparison my MR918, with match barrel.

Top group 20 yards, bottom group 10 yards.

Not much difference in any of these and all are Gen 5 barrels except the MR918.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 08-08-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

That's some solid shooting. My Blacklist G19.4 barrel is threaded and currently has a comp mounted up on it, which is why I was considering a swap. Otherwise, I'd likely just leave it be as my G19.5 has shown itself capable of similar performance.

My 19.5 MOS finally showed up. It has the best out of the box trigger I’ve personally experienced in a Glock, and shoots quite well. I shot it enough last night to be comfortable swapping the sights for Amerigos and then mounting the RDS. This will be my first red dot gun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ve only gotten to dry fire my G45 but I’m very pleased with how it feels. Now that Glock fixed the 19.5s, I’ll probably get one of those pretty quickly as well. It’ll have to be down the road, but I’m tempted to make the G45 into a Roland Special like my current 19.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    That's some solid shooting. My Blacklist G19.4 barrel is threaded and currently has a comp mounted up on it, which is why I was considering a swap. Otherwise, I'd likely just leave it be as my G19.5 has shown itself capable of similar performance.

Thanks, that barrel and comp should work just fine on the 19X, G45, or Gen5 19 without any issues. The only changes were made to the Gen 17, as far as the barrel lug and locking block location. The are the same as the 19 now which is why the 19X and G45 and Gen 5 19 slide assemblies are interchangeable. Gen 4 19 slide can also be used if you swap out the back plate on the slide to a 5th Gen version. Even though the striker safety black is different, it still works.

While not as modular as the 320, Glock is moving in the right direction at least.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 08-09-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Not sure if this has already been addressed, but I just noticed that the dovetail fillers on my Gen. 5 19 MOS have been upgraded, with a deeper (and possibly wider?) rear notch that allows you to see the entire front dot when the sights are properly aligned, and a thinner, less distracting rear outline.

I still don't think the factory sights are the best or even a really good option, but they are a lot more serviceable right out of the box. It also seems to be another example of how Glock is actually listening to the concerns of their customer base and working to improve their product.

The first pic is my gun, but the second is from Google Images, because, seriously, who keeps Glock factory sights on their guns for any amount of time?

Name:  IMG_2642.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  26.3 KB Name:  Glock-19-Sight-Picture1.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  58.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    The first pic is my gun, but the second is from Google Images, because, seriously, who keeps Glock factory sights on their guns for any amount of time?
    I know someone who went a few decades with 'em...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List