Page 274 of 346 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    Yeah, it's odd. Here's a photo. The G19.4 on the right has seen at least 15K rounds, multiple courses, and lots of holster work. Finish is in great shape. The G17.2 in the middle was bought used and endured considerable abuse. The G34.5 on the left was bought in April and has seen no more than 3K rounds and a couple of hundred presentations, at most. I know slide length and cant variances will cause wear in different spots but it seems excessive.
    Attachment 39560
    I think there's a possible explanation here with simple physics. Longer slide length (leverage advantage) along with smaller contact area (hard corner vs rounded on G17/G19) equal high force applied to the contact area. Mix in some random grit that may have found it's way into the holster and I can see why it may do that, hard to say without looking in person though. I would contact Glock personally, see what they have to say.

I was debating starting a new thread but I was wondering what kind of accuracy everyone was having from their Gen 5 guns?

I bought a G45 recently MOS model I intended to use in USPSA but I couldn't get a zero on the dot. I thought maybe the dot was busted so I pulled it off but I was still getting like 8" at 25 yards. That seems like a problem to me but I'm not sure if that's just standard. I remember my Gen 4 Glock 17 doing better than that but I sold that one years ago so I don't know for sure.

I'm going to take my Gen 5 19 out this weekend but I'm hoping someone else can weigh in on it.

And before everyone blames me I was getting 3" @ 25 out of my CZ Shadow 2 with the same ammo. I know I can't compare the Shadow 2 to a Glock as far as accuracy but I'm saying that because it makes me relatively certain it's not me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I was debating starting a new thread but I was wondering what kind of accuracy everyone was having from their Gen 5 guns?

I bought a G45 recently MOS model I intended to use in USPSA but I couldn't get a zero on the dot. I thought maybe the dot was busted so I pulled it off but I was still getting like 8" at 25 yards. That seems like a problem to me but I'm not sure if that's just standard. I remember my Gen 4 Glock 17 doing better than that but I sold that one years ago so I don't know for sure.

I'm going to take my Gen 5 19 out this weekend but I'm hoping someone else can weigh in on it.

And before everyone blames me I was getting 3" @ 25 out of my CZ Shadow 2 with the same ammo. I know I can't compare the Shadow 2 to a Glock as far as accuracy but I'm saying that because it makes me relatively certain it's not me.
    I'm right at 80-85% hits on a 8" plate at 50Y with all my Gen5's (19, 19X, 19X, 45, all currently fitted with iron sights) at around a 1 shot per second pace. (I despise punching paper for accuracy).
    I'm rarely surprised by a miss, when I miss I know it the instant the gun fires and know where the bullet is going.
    When I have my SRO on the 19X i'm 95-100% and again any misses are "called" and are shooter error.
    2"-3" @ 25Y slow fire would not be an unrealistic expectation.
    Last edited by JodyH; 07-19-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm right at 80-85% hits on a 8" plate at 50Y with all my Gen5's (19, 19X, 19X, 45, all currently fitted with iron sights) at around a 1 shot per second pace. (I despise punching paper for accuracy).
    I'm rarely surprised by a miss, when I miss I know it the instant the gun fires and know where the bullet is going.
    When I have my SRO on the 19X i'm 95-100% and again any misses are "called" and are shooter error.
    2"-3" @ 25Y slow fire would not be an unrealistic expectation.
    That's kind of what I was expecting.

That's kind of what I was expecting.
    Check for uneven wear marks on the locking block and barrel locking lug.
    I'd also look over the barrel crown for a ding.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

With a G19.5 MOS I've shot a 100/8X B8 @25.

Normally its a 96-98

2" at 25 yards with a couple Gen5's with the right ammo.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    2" at 25 yards with a couple Gen5's with the right ammo.
    What kind of ammo are you using for that?

Glock 45 MOS using the irons. Ten rounds at 25 yards. I was shooting 115 grain blazer aluminum or winchester white box, I don’t recall which. For sure Glock’s are more accurate than I am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

The Gen 5 guns have normally been exceptionally accurate, 2-3” guns at 25 yards with good ammo. I have shot 100-4x with a Gen 5gun and RMR.

Need to eliminate variables-

What ammo are you using ? Start by trying quality factory ammo.

If you are getting the same results with HST, gold dot, AE, Lawman etc then have a second know skilled shooter shoot the gun.

If they get the same results something is wrong with the gun, just call Glock and send it back.

User Tag List