Page 272 of 346 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Wow, that's crazy... I've had the exact opposite experience. I found the chalky gen 4 finish to scratch or rub off really easily, while the finish on my gen 5s has been bombproof. What holster have you been using that in? Has the g19 been used in the same holster?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Wow, that's crazy... I've had the exact opposite experience. I found the chalky gen 4 finish to scratch or rub off really easily, while the finish on my gen 5s has been bombproof. What holster have you been using that in? Has the g19 been used in the same holster?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    JM Custom Kydex IWB 3 for both now. Although the G19 spent half its life in other holsters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Installed the Wolff 5# striker spring and Glock minus connector. Trigger is lighter and the break feels crisper. Cleaned and greased trigger bar. Very happy to do the install.

Also installed extended factory Glock magazine. Works better than tango down for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crisp break.

Minus connector.

something doesn’t seem right, unless a crisp break means “rolling”

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    Crisp break.

Minus connector.

something doesn’t seem right, unless a crisp break means “rolling”
    Hence, I said crisper. As in compared to my stock trigger. The trigger has a less staged feel to the break. My trigger was one of the worst gen 5 guns I have had and shot of friends. My gun is also a older one. I am excited now.

I'm a fan of the changes they made for the gen 5s. I went with a pair of G17s, one for carry, one for shooting, dryfire, competition. I have big chungus hands, I wear 2XL gloves, so the 19 size guns have always been borderline too short for my liking. The front scallop cutout thingamabob on the gen 5 G19 aggravated the shit out of me, so going with the G17 was an easy choice for me. It's there, but doesn't bother me like the 19 did.

While I'm far from a trigger diva, I find the gen 5 trigger to be night and day better than previous generations, at least for me.

I loved my gen 2 Glocks back in the day, 3's and 4's I was meh over because of the finger grooves, see reference to big chungus hands above, so the deletion of the finger grooves was a welcome change for me.

The flared magwell is also a nice addition, it seems to make a difference to me, how much I'm not sure but I like it, it feels less like a square peg in a round hole.

I find the grip texture to be juuuuust right. Aggressive enough to where I don't feel like I need to stipple or add skateboard tape to a few areas, but not so aggressive that it is irritating to carry.

Last but not least. The "marksman" barrel. I know it's not a direct comparison, but compared to a gen 4 G19, beyond 15 yards and definitely at 25, I'm more accurate with the gen 5 G17. Is it the 1/2" of sight radius, the smoother trigger, the barrel improvements, or a combination of all three? I'd say probably the latter, but I can definitely see an improvement.

Only thing I need to do is send @Tom_Jones some money for a couple Gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    Yeah, it's odd. Here's a photo. The G19.4 on the right has seen at least 15K rounds, multiple courses, and lots of holster work. Finish is in great shape. The G17.2 in the middle was bought used and endured considerable abuse. The G34.5 on the left was bought in April and has seen no more than 3K rounds and a couple of hundred presentations, at most. I know slide length and cant variances will cause wear in different spots but it seems excessive.
    Attachment 39560
    You know why you’re having this issue???

See that grip tape on the left side of that Model 34?

As the sand loosens where do you think it falls or deposits?

Look inside your kydex holster.

You’re sanding down to the metal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    You know why you’re having this issue???

See that grip tape on the left side of that Model 34?

As the sand loosens where do you think it falls or deposits?

Look inside your kydex holster.

You’re sanding down to the metal.

Thanks for the suggestion. I considered that possibility, but that's not it. Holster is clean. I've used skate tape for years. Same tape and holster with my Sig X-Five and Steyr L9 before it. Same with the CZ that came before that.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I considered that possibility, but that's not it. Holster is clean. I've used skate tape for years. Same tape and holster with my Sig X-Five and Steyr L9 before it. Same with the CZ that came before that.
    I’ve scratched a few like yours on one side like yours. Some got eaten up others did not. They were HK pistols.

Refinished, and grip tape removed, new holsters where necessary and the issue never arose again.

Be careful.

I picked up my second one to give it another try. My first one, an early model, had the trigger turn to crap around 1500-2k rounds. I picked up a 19 mos this time. 800 rounds of various ammo, mostly TULA steel (but also IMI, HST and Hydra Shocks). I put one of the crimson trace units on it and zeroed it with 147 HST. Everything seems to be running good so far with no mf.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

User Tag List