Page 271 of 346 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Late to the party re the trigger- OEM is the way to go. 5.5 lbs TRS with a OEM "minus" connector. Dry fire and live fire. Some "sets" feel better than others. I heard a rumor that Team Glock would mix and match components until they had GTG extra sets, the would bag those sets together and swap them out wholesale as needed. FWIW.

Re the mag release: I have had excellent results with reducing, texturing and contouring a factory extended release.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 06-27-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Late to the party re the trigger- OEM is the way to go. 5.5 lbs TRS with a OEM "minus" connector. Dry fire and live fire. Some "sets" feel better than others. I heard a rumor that Team Glock would mix and match components until they had GTG extra sets, the would bag those sets together and swap them out wholesale as needed. FWIW.

Re the mag release: I have had excellent results with reducing, texturing and contouring a factory extended release.
    Vogel has mentioned before that he does this as well. Mix and match triggers and housings with different connectors until he gets the feel he likes.

Site Supporter
    I don't know if others are seeing this but the slide finish on my G34.5 is wearing much faster than older generation Glocks I own. Wish I could say it's because of all the holster work I've done, but I've done 5X more work with my Gen4 G19 with a fraction of the finish wear. Same brand of Kydex holster

Quote Originally Posted by Bere09 View Post
    Great info - thank you for posting this! Lol at the talking while holding the flashlight in your mouth.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    I don't know if others are seeing this but the slide finish on my G34.5 is wearing much faster than older generation Glocks I own. Wish I could say it's because of all the holster work I've done, but I've done 5X more work with my Gen4 G19 with a fraction of the finish wear. Same brand of Kydex holster
    I bought my 17 MOS back in February and I've already got a couple of spots where I'm down to silver. I don't think it is going to be a problem in the long term, but it's definitely interesting.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Great info - thank you for posting this! Lol at the talking while holding the flashlight in your mouth.
    Only the highest production values!

Regarding Posts 2761 & 2763, I suspect there are a couple of things which come to mind.
    -Glock has probably changed slide finishes/treatments a few times over the years;
    -any individual Glock's slide finish may vary vs. another example.

I've got a G34Gen4 from 2016 and its slide's finish was wearing-off as the others were describing, with abrasions and down-to-silver in spots from holster wear.

I actually thought a, then-new, Blade-Tech holster was causing the problem as I'd never seen or heard of wear like this previously (sorry Blade-Tech for suspecting your holster 3 years ago, but then again, you never responded anyway).

I don't have this specific Glock with me at the moment (it's 300 miles away in a different state) or I'd post a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post

I honestly feel the opposite.

I think my gen 4 wore a lot faster then my gen 5. I think the gen 5 finish is a step up from the gen 4s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I honestly feel the opposite.

I think my gen 4 wore a lot faster then my gen 5. I think the gen 5 finish is a step up from the gen 4s.
    Sample of one - my Glock 19 Gen 4 had chipped off finish (ETA: when NIB).

My Gen 4 Glock 17 was the slick one and worked great.

I prefer the Gen 5’s in every way.
    Last edited by BWT; 06-28-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I bought my 17 MOS back in February and I've already got a couple of spots where I'm down to silver. I don't think it is going to be a problem in the long term, but it's definitely interesting.
    Yeah, it's odd. Here's a photo. The G19.4 on the right has seen at least 15K rounds, multiple courses, and lots of holster work. Finish is in great shape. The G17.2 in the middle was bought used and endured considerable abuse. The G34.5 on the left was bought in April and has seen no more than 3K rounds and a couple of hundred presentations, at most. I know slide length and cant variances will cause wear in different spots but it seems excessive.
    Name:  IMG_20190627_153805.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  70.6 KB

User Tag List