Page 267 of 346 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Well, the fine folks in Smyrna shipped my first Gen5 pistol to me - a Glock 17. (Made in Austria) I won this one at a GSSF match (I think it was Reno) ~ 5 months seems to be then normal wait time for prize Glocks.

I've already put a 10-8 rear sight on it and a Dawson tritium front - hope to try it out on Friday.

Initial thoughts:
    • I keep thinking of lopping off the right side slide release lever.
    • The trigger feels an awful lot like a stock Gen4 trigger with a Gen3 trigger bar swap
    • I like the magwell
    • Digging the lack of finger grooves

I waited less than 2 years so that officially makes me an early adopter
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well, the fine folks in Smyrna shipped my first Gen5 pistol to me - a Glock 17. (Made in Austria) I won this one at a GSSF match (I think it was Reno) ~ 5 months seems to be then normal wait time for prize Glocks.

I've already put a 10-8 rear sight on it and a Dawson tritium front - hope to try it out on Friday.

Initial thoughts:
    • I keep thinking of lopping off the right side slide release lever.
    • The trigger feels an awful lot like a stock Gen4 trigger with a Gen3 trigger bar swap
    • I like the magwell
    • Digging the lack of finger grooves

I waited less than 2 years so that officially makes me an early adopter

All of the Gen 5 Glocks I own have a much better trigger than the one you described.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    All of the Gen 5 Glocks I own have a much better trigger than the one you described.
    Have you tried a Gen4 with a Gen3 trigger bar swapped into it?

I've dry fired the Gen5 less than 50 times so maybe it'll change with use (very likely). I'm quite used to "the wall" and it is less pronounced on this Gen5.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Have you tried a Gen4 with a Gen3 trigger bar swapped into it?

I've dry fired the Gen5 less than 50 times so maybe it'll change with use (very likely). I'm quite used to "the wall" and it is less pronounced on this Gen5.
    I have done many dozens of Glock trigger jobs and a Gen 3 trigger bar in a Gen 4 Glock is not even close to what I prefer.
    I detail strip my pistols, clean, polish and change parts as needed before firing. Due to age and disabilities I prefer a lighter trigger pull on my Range Only Glocks.

This arrived yesterday and I cannot wait to christen it at the range. It’s my first Glock and was motivated after my stepbrother showed me his G19 Gen4.Name:  17FE9F65-3FB1-45D8-872F-62D3E3EEC95F.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  69.4 KB

Site Supporter
    G19x:

I bought this last week b/c it was a lightly used example for $100 less than what the store was selling a new one for, so nearly $200 under MSRP, I graduate this week for the second time from a Master’s program, and I’d been telling myself for a year that I couldn’t have one “because I’m still in school” but that I could have one for graduation. A week early is close enough, right?

Grip messing around stuff: ended up putting the large beavertail on it for now. Beretta 92a1 with G10 Stoner CNC full checkered grips gives me easy 360 contact. Most other things don’t. I end up with gaps one handed, especially on the sides, so I decided to try to make the Glock grip as big as possible.

120 rounds - NATO ball, Barnaul, S&B
    What a nice, easy gun to shoot! Accurate, completely reliable for the limited shooting I did today. It even lit off 6 Barnaul light strikes the Beretta wouldn’t fire last time out.

First, I did a big happy stupid mag dump at 5 yards. One big ragged hole in the middle of the target (a few outside the ragged hole). I almost never do that, because what drill is that? Grip and trigger stamina, probably. But I had a good time doing it once. 20 rounds in the gun is cool.

Really, a nice gun. Just need a SCD and maybe a better comp-type holster, and I’ll use it this summer for whatever matches I do. Won’t probably seduce me away from my Beretta infatuation, but is much more congruent with my EDCs which are baby Glocks - 26 and 42.

I've barely shot mine - maybe 60 rounds.

We had so much @#+*ing snow this year I developed tennis elbow from shoveling (My snowblower doesn't fit everywhere)

It's getting better but I can't clamp my support hand down and use an isosceles stance. Might have to try a Weaver stance and the old push/pull.

Really happy with my Gen 5 G17. Compared to my other non Gen 5 Glocks, I really like it. I installed a Apex trigger/connector and Ameriglo Agent sights and am perfectly happy with it. Shoots really good.

I made it out to the range and shot my G17 Gen5 MOS. It's my first Glock and I found out quickly that I shot it a little low and left. After making a few adjustments in grip and stance I was able to place shots better. I don't intend to mount a sight but it's nice to have the option later.

Quote Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
    I made it out to the range and shot my G17 Gen5 MOS. It's my first Glock and I found out quickly that I shot it a little low and left. After making a few adjustments in grip and stance I was able to place shots better. I don't intend to mount a sight but it's nice to have the option later.
    Mine shot low as well, until I replaced the sights. After some research about the factory sights and I don’t remember the exact details I read that a lot of the Gen 5 shot low with the rear being 6.1???? Mine was that. If the MOS option was available when I got mine no doubt I would have went that route.

User Tag List