Page 266 of 346 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I guess I’m one of the few that likes the frame cut out. I like the idea a lot for one handed malfunction clearances.
    You are not alone. I'll wait for the haters to sell their used 17 and 19 with cut out when they upgrade to the non cut out version.

my issued G5G17 came with factory Glock night sights. I am not a fan of 3 dot sights.... and the dept wont pay for aftermarket sights.

I decided to try something cheap as it was my cost.... just change the front to F/O

I ordered a .115W .160T Dawson Precision to match my .135" notch factory Glock rear tritium that I painted black.

They were qualifying some officers today and I jumped in to check POA POI

I have always staged my trigger for the 25 yards shots (just 5 rounds) and decided to try keeping the trigger moving. 4 shots felt really good and it was the last shot when the gun fired my sights were left of center. Damn.... I jacked that one up.

ALL ME

I need some work on the 25 yard press. The neck shot was an up close double tap when I messed up the draw from concealment and had to press the trigger hard and fast to make the time.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 03-15-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I'm not crazy with the "drive the dot" sight picture on the Gen5's. The front sight for the BOLD's is .200". The BOLD front sight for the Gen4's is .180". Does anyone know if I install a .180" front sight on my Gen5 if it will change the POA/POI to the tip of the front sight blade? Or will it make the POI too high?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I believe (emphasis on believe) that a 42/43 front sight is .190, that may be what you seek.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Should raise the POI slightly less than 3" at 25 yards which I prefer. I run the Gen 4 height sights on all my Gen 5 Glocks.
    To follow up on this-- I ended up putting Gen4 BOLDs (.180 front sight) on my new FDE 19.5. The POI is a little higher than I'd like with the .180.

I called Ameriglo today to see if I could get a .190 BOLD front sight. I was told that they had the G43 BOLD sight that is .190, as mentioned above, but that it was thinner than the standard front sights. He went to check if they had any in stock, and when he came back, he told me that he found the thin .190 BOLD sight, and also a standard-width .190 BOLD front sight that he didn't realize they had. I ordered one and will try it out soon.

I have noticed with my 19.5 that my Vogel-esque grip screws with the slide release. If I draw and fire as I typically would, the slide fails to lock back on the last round 75-80%+ of the time. I was relatively used to this in previous gens but the fatter slide release on this guy makes it more common.

I know Vogel uses trimmed 33rd Springs in his Production mags to make slide lock more common for him, so I am going to try a G17 spring in the 19 mag. All 15 seat just fine, and I will report back on Tuesday with the results.

The second bad result of the chunkier slide release- if I cheat my grip when shooting further distance to make the trigger pull easier, It will prematurely lock back. This has only happened a couple times during untimed long distance shots, but it’s a reminder to firmly grasp it.

@TC215 did you by chance get the part number/sku from them for the standard width .190 BOLD front? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @TC215 did you by chance get the part number/sku from them for the standard width .190 BOLD front? Thanks!
    I did not, but when it comes in I'll get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    I have noticed with my 19.5 that my Vogel-esque grip screws with the slide release. If I draw and fire as I typically would, the slide fails to lock back on the last round 75-80%+ of the time. I was relatively used to this in previous gens but the fatter slide release on this guy makes it more common.

I know Vogel uses trimmed 33rd Springs in his Production mags to make slide lock more common for him, so I am going to try a G17 spring in the 19 mag. All 15 seat just fine, and I will report back on Tuesday with the results.
    Update on the G17 magazine spring in the G19: During drills at the range today, the slide locked back every time with the longer spring. I ordered a couple more 17 springs from the LGS to put in my gen 5 mags. This may be a long term solution for me, and eases what is my only real gripe about the Gen 5 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    GL-212-190-ORC

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    GL-212-190-ORC
    Big thank you Sir.

I’ll leave a little contribution here, FWIW:
    Procured a new Gen5G19MOS today, and mounted Dead Air “Switch Sights” on it in anticipation of putting a dot sight on in the future, and perhaps a suppressor setup.
    Shot a few drills: 2”Dot Challenge, Dot Torture and the “Super Test”. Dots @ 3 yards(should go to 5 next).
    Ammo: 147 WW fmj, 150gr. “Syntech” and 115 S&B ball.
    No stoppages/malfs; ejection strong and consistent to 4 o’clock. I thought the trigger to be one of the better Gen5 triggers I’ve worked-little”creep” at the end of the stroke, but not detrimental.
    Results:20/20 on “Challenge”;49/50 on Torture-I pushes one left shooting hand only-on me. 288/300 on “Super Test”which is pretty good for me.
    Sights were”drive dot” in closed configuration, did not check flipped up.
    This one is a keeper, I do believe!
    For my use, I had extended slide slide stop lever installed and a Vickers/Tango Down slide plate-no issues.

User Tag List