Page 265 of 346 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I caved and put a G45 with Ameriglos on order at my local gun shop. Prices are 5-10% in excess of online but they're super nice and a great local outfit with fishing gear too.

I am glad for Glock's variety these days, because the 45 fits me like a glove. The snappy G19 sight radius I like so much, the new accurate barrel, nice trigger, and nice finish, front serrations, my favorite kind of night sights, and a longer grip for my big fat hand.
    I just did the same thing today. The 48 and 43X are not approved yet for sale in my state. I really liked the balance of the 45. I really hope it turns out to be a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Has anyone been able to confirm if Regular Gen 5 17’s and 19’s are available without the magwell cut out? Thanks.
    I spoke with a reliable source yesterday that said Glock will not continue to produce two different frames (regular Gen5 vs. MOS) and will be going to the MOS/no cut-out frame across the board in the not-so-distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I spoke with a reliable source yesterday that said Glock will not continue to produce two different frames (regular Gen5 vs. MOS) and will be going to the MOS/no cut-out frame across the board in the not-so-distant future.
    Excellent news.

I've been wanting to buy another Gen5 G19. But after shooting my G45, I am holding off until I can get a Gen5 G19 without the frame cutout, as well as the grove cutout in the slide that the G45 has, that aids in ejection of the cases.

I guess I’m one of the few that likes the frame cut out. I like the idea a lot for one handed malfunction clearances.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thank you sir!

Doesn’t Glock still need to make the FBI M models, and isn’t the cutout a requirement?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I guess I’m one of the few that likes the frame cut out. I like the idea a lot for one handed malfunction clearances.
    Easy enough to do yourself. Lots simpler process than filling it in.

Unless I look at it I don't know it's there on my G19.5.
    So the cutout makes no difference for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Doesn’t Glock still need to make the FBI M models, and isn’t the cutout a requirement?
    I believe changes can be made, but I’m not sure how that works. There are others here that would know, though. I know the bureau originally had non-railed Professionals, then switched to the railed model, so I believe it could be done. @HCM might know.

Site Supporter
    I believe changes can be made, but I’m not sure how that works. There are others here that would know, though. I know the bureau originally had non-railed Professionals, then switched to the railed model, so I believe it could be done. @HCM might know.
    It would necessitate a contract change. It’s possible but the bureau would have to agree to it and my understanding is the Bureau wants the cut out for stripping mags during one handed manipulations.

Glock makes what, 60,000 guns a month ? If they can keep making Gen 3s for CA and SOCOM contracts they can keep making cut out frames for the GOV contracts. The FBI, DEA, ATF AND US DOS are all transitioning to the 9mm M models, I’m sure USMS will follow suite soon if they are not already. More than enough business to keep Ms rolling off the line as is.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-15-2019 at 08:11 PM.

User Tag List