Page 264 of 346 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

^^all true!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    KKM is ready with their Gen 5 Roland Special comped barrels. I ordered mine over the phone yesterday.
    Will there be as high a demand, putting aside the “marksman barrel”.

Considering a set of the hackathon Ameriglo sights for my G45...

The GL-433 model

Anyone have experience with these on a gen 5? I'd be getting the gen 4 (.180 front sight) for my pistol.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 02-22-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Has anyone been able to confirm if Regular Gen 5 17’s and 19’s are available without the magwell cut out? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Considering a set of the hackathon Ameriglo sights for my G45...

The GL-433 model

Anyone have experience with these on a gen 5? I'd be getting the gen 4 (.180 front sight) for my pistol.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I thought the Hackathorn combination is a .140 front with a .180 rear notch. Personally I find that to be too wide a rear notch. Among Ameriglo options for the GEN5 I'd go with the Agent or Bold sights before the Hacks.

I wish either Trijicon or Ameriglo offered a tighter notch to pair with their thinner high-vis sights. My preferences these days run to a hi-vis .120-.125 front sight matched with a .140-.150 wide rear notch - I'm getting excellent results with the Wilson Combat-Vickers rear sight and Ameriglo Pro-Glo front combination.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I spoke with Glock HQ last week about the cut on the front of the grip, and the information given to me, was that for the time being, only the MOS models will be released without it. The standard 17s/19s will continue to have the cut.

My interpretation was that they most likely have so many produced/allotted, but clearly in the future a shift is possible.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by johncorey View Post
    I spoke with Glock HQ last week about the cut on the front of the grip, and the information given to me, was that for the time being, only the MOS models will be released without it. The standard 17s/19s will continue to have the cut.

My interpretation was that they most likely have so many produced/allotted, but clearly in the future a shift is possible.
    Thank you, kind sir!

John

Got 'em on my 21

I have a Glock 21 Gen 3 on which I installed the Hackathorn set from AmeriGlo. The front post and rear notch are wider than most sights. These sights are not for target shooting, but for me, I got them for easy sight acquisition. These eyes aren't getting any younger. I like them and do for me what I want. I know you were asking about the 45, just wanted to share my experience with them.

Vending Machine Operator
    I caved and put a G45 with Ameriglos on order at my local gun shop. Prices are 5-10% in excess of online but they're super nice and a great local outfit with fishing gear too.

I am glad for Glock's variety these days, because the 45 fits me like a glove. The snappy G19 sight radius I like so much, the new accurate barrel, nice trigger, and nice finish, front serrations, my favorite kind of night sights, and a longer grip for my big fat hand.

I still intend to stick with my M2.0s for carry and HD, but I wanted a Gen5 Glock and the 45 checks more of my boxes than any other model they currently make.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I caved and put a G45 with Ameriglos on order at my local gun shop. Prices are 5-10% in excess of online but they're super nice and a great local outfit with fishing gear too.

I am glad for Glock's variety these days, because the 45 fits me like a glove. The snappy G19 sight radius I like so much, the new accurate barrel, nice trigger, and nice finish, front serrations, my favorite kind of night sights, and a longer grip for my big fat hand.

I still intend to stick with my M2.0s for carry and HD, but I wanted a Gen5 Glock and the 45 checks more of my boxes than any other model they currently make.
    You will love it. It’s amazing IMO.

User Tag List