Page 263 of 346 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just curious if anyone else can feel the orange follower mags doing their thing under recoil?
    I've felt it with both my orange follower 45 and orange follower 26 mags.
    I shoot, it feeds, then I feel the magazine spring and rounds inside the mag rearrange themselves under recoil.
    I don't remember feeling this prior to the Gen5 mags.
    It doesn't do it all the time, and is usually when i'm about halfway through the magazine.
    Not sure if this is the same issue, but in the past year on the range I've seen several instances in which students had new production Glock mags with clunky feeding or failures to feed. Each time I have traced the problem to the plastic tab on the inside front of the mag (about 3/4" down), where the plastic inserts into the steel mag body -- i.e. a bit too much plastic there, interfering with the follower (or perhaps grabbing at bullet noses). A few strokes with a file, or simply scraping away the excess plastic with the tip of a blade, has cured the problem in short order.

I've seen this 3-4 times in the past year, to the point that I now probe this spot with a punch on any new mags I buy.

Ready to qual on Thursday... weather permitting

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Not sure if this is the same issue, but in the past year on the range I've seen several instances in which students had new production Glock mags with clunky feeding or failures to feed. Each time I have traced the problem to the plastic tab on the inside front of the mag (about 3/4" down), where the plastic inserts into the steel mag body -- i.e. a bit too much plastic there, interfering with the follower (or perhaps grabbing at bullet noses). A few strokes with a file, or simply scraping away the excess plastic with the tip of a blade, has cured the problem in short order. I've seen this 3-4 times in the past year, to the point that I now probe this spot with a punch on any new mags I buy.
    A bit of plastic (flashing?) at those seams isn't uncommon, and usually wears away on its own. If it splinters a bit over time, it can be trimmed.

Not unique to the gen5 mags.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I qualed with my Gen5 G17 and almost pulled one out from 25 yards. I need to get used to it as it seems to have a left drift with centered factory painted night sights.

Course of Fire
    25 yards 5 shots from behind cover
    15 yards 10 shots w/mag change
    7 yards 5 shots 5 seconds
    7 yards 10 shots w/mag change 20 seconds
    5 yards 5 R/H and 5 L/H
    3 yards 2 shots from a level 3 duty holster 3 seconds

A co-worker was with me and I shot his Gen4 G17 with Hackathorns. Man that front sight is wide with a huge rear notch. I shot the same target and shot 5 from the 25 at the head. The front sight dam near covered the entire head at that distance. I recall my sights being left and right of center when it off.... shows on the head.

The rest of the 45 rounds, I aimed at low center of the target. His gun shoots good, but the Hacks are challenging at 25 yards.

KKM Gen 5 barrels.

KKM is ready with their Gen 5 Roland Special comped barrels. I ordered mine over the phone yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I qualed with my Gen5 G17 and almost pulled one out from 25 yards. I need to get used to it as it seems to have a left drift with centered factory painted night sights.

Course of Fire
    25 yards 5 shots from behind cover
    15 yards 10 shots w/mag change
    7 yards 5 shots 5 seconds
    7 yards 10 shots w/mag change 20 seconds
    5 yards 5 R/H and 5 L/H
    3 yards 2 shots from a level 3 duty holster 3 seconds

A co-worker was with me and I shot his Gen4 G17 with Hackathorns. Man that front sight is wide with a huge rear notch. I shot the same target and shot 5 from the 25 at the head. The front sight dam near covered the entire head at that distance. I recall my sights being left and right of center when it off.... shows on the head.

The rest of the 45 rounds, I aimed at low center of the target. His gun shoots good, but the Hacks are challenging at 25 yards.

That's nice shooting!

FWIW and YMMV - and I just saw this in spades last weekend - If I try to "stage" a 25 yard precision shot with the 19X or G45 oh lordy left snatcheroo. If I keep the trigger moving (GJM pushed this hard a year or two ago and I ignored it at the time) and it straightens out.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That's nice shooting!

FWIW and YMMV - and I just saw this in spades last weekend - If I try to "stage" a 25 yard precision shot with the 19X or G45 oh lordy left snatcheroo. If I keep the trigger moving (GJM pushed this hard a year or two ago and I ignored it at the time) and it straightens out.
    Thanks

I parked my 1911 and going to use issued Glocks for now.

That is interesting... definitely going to try it out.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 02-22-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks

Ohhh you said that word. 1911 I was shooting them when GJM first made the pitch on a very good thread he started. I didn't pay a ton of attention as I was quite self-satisfied with my results shooting 1911s with very crisp triggers and staging at the wall of my Gen 3/4 Glocks. That changed, most abrubtly when I shit the bed shooting Sunday - then remembered that advice driving home analyzing WTF just happened, then got back out Monday to confirm with the new way.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-22-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks

Found it. Much longer ago than I thought. I think this where it started. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-trigger/page2

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That's nice shooting!

This in spades. If I run the trigger with a constant motion as GJM suggests my 25 yard scores increase.

I'll try and run it this afternoon and see how it pans out

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List