Page 257 of 346 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Both those are shooting amazingly for me and they are cheap.
    Both are good except 124g is best grain.

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    What non boutique defense ammo are people getting best 25yd and up accuracy with? I keep shooting 147 HST and I wonder if I should broaden my horizons.
    I find Speer G2 to be exceptionally accurate.

Taken from my training journal:

“I also did a couple mags WHO and SHO, which resulted in my first major malfunction with the Gen 5:

Hmmmmm. I honstly can’t remember when I last cleaned and lubed it. I also had a light strike today. The round lit off of the second try, so I wonder if it’s getting a bit gunky in the FP channel and under the extractor, (edit to add: which I have never cleaned). I also had the gun lock back with rounds still in the mag when doing call it and leave it. This has happened a few times now on that drill and I think it has to do with me pushing up on the slide lock lever with very aggressive movement. “

This pitsol has 7,244 rounds through it.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

What’s the groupthink about whether Glock will eventually offer the 34.5 in a non-MOS version?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What’s the groupthink about whether Glock will eventually offer the 34.5 in a non-MOS version?
    I suspect they’ll get there, along with a 45 MOS. I think there is a market in the competition community for a G34 with the dovetail in the normal location and FCS.

But they do still have a G44 and G47 to release...I’d be surprised if one of these models didn’t hit shelves around the NRA show.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I suspect they’ll get there, along with a 45 MOS. I think there is a market in the competition community for a G34 with the dovetail in the normal location and FCS.

But they do still have a G44 and G47 to release...I’d be surprised if one of these models didn’t hit shelves around the NRA show.
    What are the 44 and 47? I’ve checked out of this massive thread and don’t know what page to go back to for those details.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    A guy at work told me today that he was recently told by a Glock rep that all Gen 5 models will soon start shipping without the cutout. He’s on a list with the local blue label dealer to get the first couple that come in.
    Have you/has anyone heard anymore on these hitting the shelves? GT seems to be utterly clueless about this, which makes me sad.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    What are the 44 and 47? I’ve checked out of this massive thread and don’t know what page to go back to for those details.
    Glock hasn't announced the G44 or G47 yet. The G45 and G48 have already hit store shelves. The G46 exists and has been the subject of magazine articles but is intended for the European police market only.

There is speculation that the G44 is a rimfire.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Anyone know when the grey frame Gen 5s will be released? They're appearing in the Lipsey's catalog and at various online retailers, but out of stock everywhere. Looks like FDE is coming as well.

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.as...=GLPA1950203GF
    Last edited by CalAlumnus; 02-03-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Ive recently completed the excellent GLOCK Instructor Workshop in Smyrna,GA, utilizing my Gen 5 17. It gobbled through 1,000 rounds of 100 grain 9mm frangible without complaint. Total round count on my 17.5 since September 2017 is 12,525. I continue to be impressed with the Gen 5 GLOCKs....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 02-03-2019 at 03:57 PM.

User Tag List