Page 252 of 346 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Shot my 45 for the first time today. It’s dope. The sights seem to track extra super easy for some reason. Have been debating milling it for an RMR but I don’t know. I like irons. Think I’ll just put some sights on it and an X300 and call it good.

Also really like these 24 round Glock mags. It’s actually not absurd to carry one as a backup like a 33rd.
    Last edited by pew_pew; 12-13-2018 at 10:43 AM.

I thought it was just me. It feels really good when running it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Shot my 45 for the first time today. It’s dope. The sights seem to track extra super easy for some reason. Have been debating milling it for an RMR but I don’t know. I like irons. Think I’ll just put some sights on it and an X300 and call it good.

Also really like these 24 round Glock mags. It’s actually not absurd to carry one as a backup like a 33rd.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Catching serrations was the issue that popped up when I was running 4th Gen 19FS in my 6360s. At the time, I just went back to standard 4th Gen guns to avoid the problem.

When I moved to the G45 I figured it would show up again but I wasn't giving up my G45s period, I was going to find a solution.

Safariland does know about the issue, and said they are working on an upgrade for the ALS for serrations.

What I did to solve the issue was use a piece of industrial strength velco the heavy duty stuff you can get at Home Depot or Lowes, and added it to the ALS lock opposite of the ejection port.

Trim the piece small enough to just fit on the ALS lock. It will be snug at first, but flattens out pretty quick. It creates just enough clearance that the serrations don't hang. The slide only hangs on that side, the ejection port side doesn't exhibit the issues. We have done this mod to a dozen holsters here and have no had a single issue with it.

Piece where the crappy red outline is.....Lol

TXPO

Thank you!

Safariland has a 7TS option now for the G45, and it has a different SKU than an non Gen 5 7TS. However, I am unsure if it solves any issues with the serrations catching.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you!

Safariland has a 7TS option now for the G45, and it has a different SKU than an non Gen 5 7TS. However, I am unsure if it solves any issues with the serrations catching.
    Do you have that SKU? My Google-fu is weak.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Do you have that SKU? My Google-fu is weak.
    http://www.safariland.com/products/h...3=none&start=1

SKU: 1167522 PART: 7390-283-411

That is for the 7390 right hand.

If that doesn't work go to Safariland and use their holster finder section.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The 19.5 MOS does not. Neither do the 17.5 MOS nor the G45.
    Thanks H.

Ok I think even though the G19.5 cut out does not bother me, the other changes, as well as the future option of an optic (even though I don't plan on one "now" pretty much put a G19.5 MOSat the top of my "what should I do with my GSSF coupon in 2019" list.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks H.

Ok I think even though the G19.5 cut out does not bother me, the other changes, as well as the future option of an optic (even though I don't plan on one "now" pretty much put a G19.5 MOSat the top of my "what should I do with my GSSF coupon in 2019" list.
    The cut out does not bother you? I don't know how to ask this without sounding like a dude wearing tight jeans in truck stop bathroom, but what size hands do you have?

The cut out does not bother you? I don't know how to ask this without sounding like a dude wearing tight jeans in truck stop bathroom, but what size hands do you have?
    No, it doesn’t. Size M gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me neither

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    XXL gloves here and it doesn’t bother me either. Nor did it bother me on the Gen 2s.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-13-2018 at 06:52 PM.

User Tag List