Page 250 of 346 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    I know of one instance where a friend broke the TRS with very few rounds through one of the early Gen 5 guns. However, shockingly his carry optics gun, a Gen 4 34 MOS, which he has many 1000s of rounds through, has never broken his Delta Point. So, he’s an enigma.
    I heard some scuttlebutt that Leupold had a run of bad circuit boards a year or so ago, which could explain my experience of breaking nine Pros between Sept 2017 and May 2018, and my buddy breaking eight Pros, in 80,000 rounds of shooting in 2018.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Have you shot an MP 2.0 Compact Rich?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Yes. A rental gun that was among the three that a friend of mine picked to try out during her range day. Very nice shooter.

Gents, I’ve flipped through about 50 pages of this thread so far and all I’ve found so far showing 25yd+ accuracy is some of MRS GJM shooting 5 shots into a head box(which looked really good).

Can someone point me to some more 25yd+ accuracy data on the Gen 5?

Thanks!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Gents, I’ve flipped through about 50 pages of this thread so far and all I’ve found so far showing 25yd+ accuracy is some of MRS GJM shooting 5 shots into a head box(which looked really good).

Can someone point me to some more 25yd+ accuracy data on the Gen 5?

Thanks!
    Bearing in mind I suck, this is the best I have done; 82-2X.

Early Glock 19.5, BEYnxxx, standard rears, Ameriglo 0.180” fronts. Number three sight picture.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-09-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    19.5 MOS ......
    Oh Richie boy, The dots... the dots.., are call’in, .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Yeah, I get it, but...but...geez a optic is like the same price as the gun lol...
    Grrrrrr...you guys are going to make me go to the Toy Store now...

But seriously a G19 is about perfect, grip length wise, for me. My size M hands cover about 95% of the grip length and I don’t need / am not looking for more mag capacity. And anyway I have a zillion G19 mags.

And, a second carry G19 while I dedicate BEYnxxx to dry practice and match use seems pretty attractive to me.

I’m trying to avoid buying ‘any more guns’ until I make B class in USPSA (at least, any new types). I considered a G34, a G17 (which to me, is like what a G34 is to size L hands), a G43 (I Carry the G26 now, and don’t see the point) and even a G42 (but I have a pocket carry LCR, and I need another Calibre like a hole in the head.)

Hence...Glock 19.
    I think your reasoning is sound, Rich. Just a minor point...you don't HAVE to put a dot on an MOS, but it leaves the option open.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I think your reasoning is sound, Rich. Just a minor point...you don't HAVE to put a dot on an MOS, but it leaves the option open.
    Thanks Chuck.

A G19.5 is $425, a MOS is $489.50, from what I can see, as the GSSF Coupon prices. Hmm.

Aside from being milled for an optic, are there *any* other differences between a MOS and non-MOS G19?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Agreed. You don’t need to put a dot on it right away. But it gives you the option to add one later. Before I would have suggested just having a dot direct milled, but since the Acro was announced and the MOS mounting thread I’m thinking having the option there now isn’t a horrible idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the rear sight dovetail is a little further back to accommodate the mounting plate. I'm sure others can suss out any other ones.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Thanks Chuck.

A G19.5 is $425, a MOS is $489.50, from what I can see, as the GSSF Coupon prices. Hmm.

Aside from being milled for an optic, are there *any* other differences between a MOS and non-MOS G19?
    The rear sight notch is further back to accommodate the optics cut, the MOS has front cocking serrations and does not have the gen 2 style front cut out of the mag well.

User Tag List