Page 248 of 346 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How many of you guys are carrying the 45 appendix? I really want to try one out but my first new handgun when I get back to a free state really should be easier to carry than my Roland Special so I've been feeling like a 19 MOS is the logical decision.
    I prefer 3:30 IWB all around but I have AIWB a few times in a JM Custom G17 holster made for a 17/22 and a G19 length Dark Star clip holster. Too easy. Also once or twice with a Fricke trigger clip w/ lanyard.

GJM observed with the full size grip he could carry it lower for concealment of the full size grip but still hit the grip well in the draw. Good observation. I pretty much always gravitate to the lower/lowest carry for concealment.

The 19's obviously shorter grip should give it some advantage of course.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I just picked up a 45.....from my experience installing gen 4 Bolds on the 19.5 I have now results in tip of the blade holds at 25y.

I've got a set of Dawson chargers on the way, the non gen 5 specific set. I'm thinking they're going to give me the same poa/poi or am I way off in my assumption?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Both my G45s have the 47021 ejectors, and that along with the breech cut, throws empties into the next zip code.

TXPO
    Same for my G45 as noted earlier here or elsewhere. My new 19X ejects very consistently to 3:30 but not nearly as far. Probably 5-6 feet. Interesting. Not a problem.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How many of you guys are carrying the 45 appendix? I really want to try one out but my first new handgun when I get back to a free state really should be easier to carry than my Roland Special so I've been feeling like a 19 MOS is the logical decision.
    I've been carrying the G45 AIWB in a JM Custom Kydex Glock 17 holster with full guard ever since they came out.

The G45 is the best Glock I have shot, hands down. This thing throws brass like an Olympic discus thrower. If you must have a MOS model I cant help because I don't yet have the need for a red-dot. If/when I do I will buy another G45 and get the slide milled.

I think I am decided on a new Glock in 2019: A regular Glock 19.5, because: reasons. I will likely make a final decision after SHOT, just in case anything shakes out I am interested in.

I know there are several changes in production that have taken place since I bought my first Glock 19.5 last year (S/N BEYxnnn), including the bevel, new ejector, and the channel now milled into the slide to enhance ejection.

Are there any other running changes to be aware of/look for?

This will be a duplicate, low-round gun for personal defence/carry, while I continue to use the snot out of BEYxnnn for Dry Practice and USPSA.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-08-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I think I am decided on a new Glock in 2019: A regular Glock 19.5, because: reasons. I will likely make a final decision after SHOT, just in case anything shakes out I am interested in.

I know there are several changes in production that have taken place since I bought my first Glock 19.5 last year (S/N BEYxnnn), including the bevel, new ejector, and the channel now milled into the slide to enhance ejection.

This will be a duplicate, low-round gun for personal defence/carry, while I continue to use the snot out of BEYxnnn for Dry Practice and USPSA.
    Rich, just out of curiosity have you considered/handled a 19x and/or G45? A whole lot of folks here seem to be liking them more than the standard 19. I dry handled a 19x and absolutely loved how it felt and balanced, and the trigger was great. I'd like to try one. If I was sticking with glocks I'd definitely be looking hard at those options.
    Last edited by Balisong; 12-08-2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Fixing damn autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Rich, just out of curiosity have you considered/handled a 19x and/or G45? A whole lot of folks here seem to be liking them more than the standard 19. I dry handled a 19x and absolutely loved how it felt and balanced, and the trigger was great. I'd like to try one. If I was sticking with glocks I'd definitely be looking hard at those options.
    No, I haven’t. The 19x/45’s longer grips aren’t really of interest to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Cool

19.5 MOS ......

Oh Richie boy, The dots... the dots.., are call’in, .....

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    19.5 MOS ......

Oh Richie boy, The dots... the dots.., are call’in, .....
    Yeah, I get it, but...but...geez a optic is like the same price as the gun lol...

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I get it, but...but...geez a optic is like the same price as the gun lol...
    Hey, unlike an M4 you just need a gun and optic. No IR Laser, no night vision... you’re getting off cheap here.

Besides arent you a tech guy ?

Why not have the option, especially with the Aimpoint coming “SOON”?

User Tag List