Page 246 of 346 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Rich, if you press the right side of the ambi safety inwards toward the center line of the pistol and hold pressure while pulling the trigger, do you feel the binding? Give the opposite a try and see what sort of binding if any you get.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    No, no difference at all, either side, from light pressure right to left, or left to right, on the ambi Slide Stop Lever.

But, I will say, you are definitely on to something. When my gun was experiencing the drag, you could visibly see the right side of the Slide Stop Lever move "out" slightly as the trigger approached release. As in, it would physically move ever so slightly sideways.

So yes, I think the theory that the right side of the Slide Stop Lever has a lot to do with my issue is probably correct. "At this time" however I don't see the same movement, noting the trigger group parts (Trigger with trigger bar, Slide stop lever, Trigger mechanism housing with ejector, and connector) were all cleaned with Hoppe's and a Q tip/patch then reassembled today. So it's actually not too bad, but for sure, does not feel like my G26.5's nice rolling break (200 rounds), at all.

I'd look at options for Slide stop levers for the Gen 5 which did not have the right side of the bar, or Dremel it off, but being a lefty I use that side all the time to lock the slide back.

But who knows. At least I can (now) fairly easily swap in parts to see whether the trigger action is restored to similar to what I really liked when I bought the gun originally (smooth rolling break.)

Yes, I realize a Glock is not a 1911, but I'd kinda like it to work as well as I can get it to.

Question for you guys: Does the Firing Pin Safety have much to do with trigger smoothness in the Gen 5s? The Gen 5 of course has a redesigned pin profile, almost like a wedge shape. If I clean that up with a buffing wheel and some Flitz, will that help much? A a few years ago, when I replaced my S&W M&P 1.0 striker block with an Apex Ultimate Striker Block; that had a huge positive impact on the smoothess of the press; hence the question.
    Last edited by RJ; 11-04-2018 at 05:29 PM.

My collection of 2 17s and a 19 have 3 different triggers. Taking the entire fire control group out of the smoothest 17 and dropping it into my newest 19 it makes that pistols trigger very nice as well. So as others have said I think it's a combination of tolerances and all that jazz.

Ymmv

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Rich if you are going order / swap parts, in addition to a new trigger bar I would order the new ejector housing used in the the G19X/26/34.5/ 17.5 MOS and 19.5 MOS part number (33854)with the 47021 ejector.

Both the older and new gen 5s have the dot connector and the 3970 trigger bar.
    HCM (or anyone else who has an idea) what is your go to for Glock parts?

I ordered a TMH/E 33854 from Brownell's, but they are out of stock until "January". I tried another source, but they mailed me the same part I have (33667), apparently in error, because the bag was marked 33854.

Do ya'll know a good reliable online source for a TMH/E 33854?

rich

Rich,

Midwest Gun Works

Site Supporter
    Midwest
    Lone Wolf
    Big Tex Outdoors
    Last edited by HCM; 11-27-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    HCM (or anyone else who has an idea) what is your go to for Glock parts?

I ordered a TMH/E 33854 from Brownell's, but they are out of stock until "January". I tried another source, but they mailed me the same part I have (33667), apparently in error, because the bag was marked 33854.

Do ya'll know a good reliable online source for a TMH/E 33854?

rich
    You may have the part you ordered. "33667" is Glock's internal part number just for the plastic portion of the Trigger Mechanism Housing.

A "33854" will have a 33667 housing with a trigger spring installed, along with a "30274" ejector.

BTW, if you want a 47021 ejector, then find somewhere to order a "47208" Trigger Mechanism Housing (which will still come with a plastic housing marked 33667.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    A "33854" will have a 33667 housing with a trigger spring installed, along with a "30274" ejector.

BTW, if you want a 47021 ejector, then find somewhere to order a "47208" Trigger Mechanism Housing
    Just came back to post this, I concur fully. Additionally I've purchased both part numbers and his description is correct.

By the part numbers you posted earlier, you already have a 33854 installed. You should order a 47208 to get the new ejector.
    Last edited by STI; 11-27-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks guys, appreciate your clearing that up.

I ordered a TMH/E 47208 from Midwest Gun Works.

A Gen 5 G17 MOS and a G45 are both on my short list...gonna be making a run to a gun shop tomorrow to see if they have those in stock
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    A Gen 5 G17 MOS and a G45 are both on my short list...gonna be making a run to a gun shop tomorrow to see if they have those in stock
    G45 and 19 MOS mix and match, and after you shoot the G45 bet you won’t miss a 17.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List