Page 241 of 346 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    Just finished a Glock armorers course and the rep said he had it on good authority the cut out is going away. I like it so I plan on picking up one or two more before they’ve completely changed over.

Also, a little bird claims after SHOT we will see the 19 frame with a 17 slide. My guess is that’s the Glock 44
    45 MOS Please.

Site Supporter
    SNIP
    Also, a little bird claims after SHOT we will see the 19 frame with a 17 slide. My guess is that’s the Glock 44
    I will start saving my money now. It seems like they need some time to really clean up each design. I bought a gen 5 19 pretty early and the trigger isnt as smooth as the current production. So if I start saving now I'll have enough to buy the sights, gadget, and test ammo to get everything sorted on one to make sure I like it and then make another copy.

(snip) Also, a little bird claims after SHOT we will see the 19 frame with a 17 slide. My guess is that’s the Glock 44
    That’s intriguing, but what would excite me more is a CCO sized pistol with a 19 slide on a 26 frame. I’ve rolled my own twice now using the Lone Wolf dust cover extension, both Gen4 and Gen5. I’d prefer a factory one!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    45 MOS Please.
    I've been told by someone that this is in the works.

I got to handle a few Gen 5s, and a 19X and 45 (not sure if you consider those Gen 5s). None of the triggers impressed me that much. I had just got done shooting a few guns, including my 19.4, which has no internal mods, other than a 17 smooth trigger (no polishing or spring changes). The newer models didn’t feel any better (or any worse) than my Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I've been told by someone that this is in the works.
    I've been told this as well, however I was told it's a ways out. Very much like when the 42 was released, then later the 43. My understanding is they'll make as much as they can prior to releasing the G45 MOS. I was told at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I hope in a year or 2 we'll see sales figures that show what's more popular between the 17 frame/19 slide and the 19 frame/17 slide. I've seen it be a pretty polarizing debate on the interwebz, be cool to see some hard numbers.
    Everyone says they want the 17 slide on a 19 frame but I think the opposite will sale more. Commander style pistols have always seemed to sale very well for whatever reason.

I've been told this as well, however I was told it's a ways out. Very much like when the 42 was released, then later the 43. My understanding is they'll make as much as they can prior to releasing the G45 MOS. I was told at least a year.
    Bet a substantial LE or military contract would change that time line. Once the Acro finally hits, that and a G45 MOS would be perfect together.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bet a substantial LE or military contract would change that time line. Once the Acro finally hits, that and a G45 MOS would be perfect together.
    Very true GJM. We can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    Just finished a Glock armorers course and the rep said he had it on good authority the cut out is going away. I like it so I plan on picking up one or two more before they’ve completely changed over.

This is what I was thinking. I'll get a G44 for sure if that's what it is, a 17/19 slide/frame. I'd also pick up a 34 gen 5 so I can swap around and make a 17/17 and a 34/19.

I hope these are non-MOS, but I'd do it either way. Was about to pull the trigger with my GSSF coupon on a G45 or a G17 MOS. I may hold off a couple months now.

User Tag List