Page 236 of 346 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    and it looks like no cut out on the front strap. nice.
    Will the existing Gen 5 mags work with the new non-cutout guns? Just curious as I have stock pile and will be getting the 19MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    Will the existing Gen 5 mags work with the new non-cutout guns? Just curious as I have stock pile and will be getting the 19MOS.
    I don’t see why not. The only difference is the base plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    They are pictured with it here and listed as coming with them.

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-34-gen-...-le-5-5lb.html

They’ll work together it appears.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Anyone hearing that the G44 will be 17 slide on a 45 frame?

Anyone else feel a little cheated as an early adopter of the Gen 5 17/19/19X????

Now the frames are beveled at the front (I could care less); The pinky eater is gone (YAH!); Long grip on the short slide (Glock Commander Sized YAH!) and the model 19X is black and has a mag well YAH! again!

Now what do I do with the no bevel, half moon opening, short gripped old standard 19? The M&P M2.0 4 in. Compact? The M&P M2.0 Full Sized (Basically a Compact with a full grip - Sound familiar)?

Please help a brother and tell me when it is safe to purchase the non-plus-ultra carry model and who to purchase it from!!!!

I've been out of the Glock game for a long time but I frequently handle the gen 5 versions at work and decided I might pick one up if I found the right deal.

Well I found a deal on one locally and got a 19.5 with night sights today. I am not too sure about the grip cutout and how it will affect my little finger when shooting it a lot but because my finger wraps completely over it I'm hoping it won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunner View Post
    Anyone else feel a little cheated as an early adopter of the Gen 5 17/19/19X????

A little, but not a lot. I am an early adopter of 19x, just broke 4500 rounds. I enjoy this gun a lot. I do not understand what's the deal with color complaints. Traditionally on pf people treated guns as means and tools, with color being an inconsequential attribute. At least, treated Glocks as tools. Maybe I am just turning old and grumpy. The front lip and overall magwell size has been non-issue. My reloads have been faster than with CZ, with which I've worked for 2 years; 19x - 2 months. But....I did pay for L&M to cut in front serrations when I had it getting set for the Atom. G45 would have saved me some cash. That said, my 19x has been such a superb gun that I am not really upset.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I apologize if this has been asked but does anyone know if the safariland 7ts holsters will work with the 19x? According to the website it does not and I’ve tried using a friends glock 17 holster and the dual slide stop did not allow the pistol to fit. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunner View Post

Now the frames are beveled at the front (I could care less); The pinky eater is gone (YAH!); Long grip on the short slide (Glock Commander Sized YAH!) and the model 19X is black and has a mag well YAH! again!

Now what do I do with the no bevel, half moon opening, short gripped old standard 19? The M&P M2.0 4 in. Compact? The M&P M2.0 Full Sized (Basically a Compact with a full grip - Sound familiar)?

Please help a brother and tell me when it is safe to purchase the non-plus-ultra carry model and who to purchase it from!!!!
    The changes/improvements of the generations happen but to me a Glock is still a Glock. I may hold on to a Gen 3 19 for quite some time. There's nothing wrong with it.

I griped a little about the long magazine lip but I understand why it's there. The discomfort it causes is minor, easily remedied, and possibly outweighed by the utility.

Honestly, I never thought about the horrible Gen 3 19 finger grooves until I (1) read about how many people dislike them and (2) shot a Gen 5 and said, "Yeah, that's a little better."
    Last edited by Edster; 09-29-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by g4pi09 View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked but does anyone know if the safariland 7ts holsters will work with the 19x? According to the website it does not and I’ve tried using a friends glock 17 holster and the dual slide stop did not allow the pistol to fit. Thanks
    Safariland 7TS SLS or ALS made since fall of last year for Glock with Surefire X300U work with G19.5 and G34.5 I have tested both with multiple SLS only 7285-832 and ALS only (7377-832, 7395-832). Both systems retain with or without the X300U mounted.

FIREDUP will get you 25% off at Safariland.com, the discount ends tonight.

User Tag List