Page 222 of 346 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    They are similar in size. The Tango down part is "bowed out" on the sides and has much more aggressive serrations compared to the stamped lines on the OEM part.
    I may have to try one. I have trouble with the slide locking back on gen 5s due to the angle and width of the bottom of the pad. I have been thinking about cutting the pad off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    They are similar in size. The Tango down part is "bowed out" on the sides and has much more aggressive serrations compared to the stamped lines on the OEM part.
    OK, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    The honest truth for glocks and sight height is you just don’t know until you try, and ammo matters sometimes too.

My Glock 19.5 has Defoor night sights and is POA/POI with the tip of the front sight at 25 yards with 147 gr HST and 124 gr +p gold dot.

My 17.5 has gen 5 specific Dawson sights and hits the same as the 19 with gold dot but is about 2 inches higher with HST.

Every Glock is pretty much its own case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After looking at the sights on my new 17 I noted that the front height was .180 and the rear was the typical .256. I had a defoor rear laying around and found a 120X180 front sight on amazon that fit my needs. Will see what it does when I get it out to the range early next week.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter
    I was able to get a somewhat better picture of the flaking trigger bar. The extent of the damage shown in the picture is worse than when I removed the part from the gun because I peeled up some of the flaking in order to get an idea of how thick it is. What is coming off has to be more than just the finish on the metal. I don't think any sort of coating on top of this trigger bar would have prevented this problem from occurring.

Name:  flaking trigger bar.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  23.2 KB

Looks like what happens when the coating did not adhere correctly upon application. See this a lot in my job. Bad plating sucks when it happens but it is common. Could have had a run of bars that did not get properly prepped for plating. Any oils or foreign material would cause that to happen. If someone were to strip them down and coat them like Robar does I think this would not happen.

Problem here is if the coating flaked and the meta underneath got any grooves or scrapes it would be hard to remove imperfections. For the price of replacement trigger bars it is really not a huge deal to fix. Sorry if this was mentioned, but have you talked to Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I was able to get a somewhat better picture of the flaking trigger bar. The extent of the damage shown in the picture is worse than when I removed the part from the gun because I peeled up some of the flaking in order to get an idea of how thick it is. What is coming off has to be more than just the finish on the metal. I don't think any sort of coating on top of this trigger bar would have prevented this problem from occurring.

Name:  flaking trigger bar.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  23.2 KB
    No. That’s how thick improperly applied Zinc/nickel is. It’s just shitty finish. Keep in mind, shitty plating thickness is 1/1000”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    I can only speak to my experience, this is my first time using gun scrubber on it. I can't recall ever cleaning the TRH on earlier gen glocks. I've been shooting only g19x so much lately that really didn't notice the degradation in the trigger feel until I received a gen5 g34 from a forum member and began putting it through its paces.

The g19x has been lubed sparingly with a couple drops of Lucas here and there. Today is the first time it's been completely disassembled for half ass cleaning as I tried to determine source of trigger "crunchiness".

The puzzling part for me is even though my trigger bar exhibits some "flaking", it doesn't seem to be the root cause. Hitting the TRH and cleaning the gunk build up seemed to clean up the trigger feel more than the new trigger did.
    As an update to this post, I replaced the TMH assembly and it cleaned up the rest of the grit.

It's still not where the 17g5 is but that may just be a glock thing.

I then replaced the connector with a apex one I had in the parts bin, and it's about as smooth of a pull as I have ever felt. May be too light for my tastes but definitely no wall.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Looks like what happens when the coating did not adhere correctly upon application. See this a lot in my job. Bad plating sucks when it happens but it is common. Could have had a run of bars that did not get properly prepped for plating. Any oils or foreign material would cause that to happen. If someone were to strip them down and coat them like Robar does I think this would not happen.

Problem here is if the coating flaked and the meta underneath got any grooves or scrapes it would be hard to remove imperfections. For the price of replacement trigger bars it is really not a huge deal to fix. Sorry if this was mentioned, but have you talked to Glock?
    I wanted to get a decent picture before I contacted Glock. I would be very surprised if they offer to replace the part. When they "upgraded" the ejector on the Gen4 pistols several years ago, they wouldn't send me a part because I'm not a Glock armorer. In any case, the new trigger bar that I put in the pistol didn't cost much, so it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    No. That’s how thick improperly applied Zinc/nickel is. It’s just shitty finish. Keep in mind, shitty plating thickness is 1/1000”
    All these metals look alike to me. Also, I'm not used to looking at tiny things that don't let any light through, which is probably why I thought it was a lot thicker than 1/1000".

Are these gen 5 Trigger issues happening often or is it only a few guns?

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Are these gen 5 Trigger issues happening often or is it only a few guns?

Only a few guns. If memory serves only two other people in this thread have had this problem. The gun functions with the flaked bar and fixing it is easy. It's not a critical issue in my opinion and won't keep me from buying more Gen5 guns.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

User Tag List