Page 218 of 346 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    Well, my Gen 5 Glock 19's trigger just started to go south. Fired about 250 rounds during my last shooting session, and towards the end noticed the trigger getting funky. Did some dry fire, and noticed my once nice, rolling trigger break becoming notchy and heavier. The initial take up was the same as usual, then the soft wall. Pulling through that wall has a distinct and audible click of creep, and then a slightly harder pull drops the striker. The "roll" has just about disappeared and it's incredibly distracting to shoot as it's impossible to pull consistently rearward in one motion. Came home, and did a full detail strip, clean, and lubrication on the lower. Zero improvement. I also didn't notice any kind of flaking or pitting on the trigger bar or connector. Gun probably has about 1,000 rounds of live fire and about double that in dry fire.

I'm running out of patience with trigger issues here lately, especially after going 12 rounds with my P-07.
    FWIW I had a Gen 4 G19 suddenly exhibit that. Its trigger weight jumped from 5.5 to 6.5 lbs suddenly and rough. When I detail stripped the slide for cleaning, upon reassembly I noticed the striker unit (with spring) had an unusual amount of drag in re-seating it. I replaced it with a new OEM unit and it restored it to 5.5 and clean (relatively, Glock clean).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    The trigger on my 19x has gotten really crunchy. Gun has roughly 3k through it. I pulled the trigger and housing out of my 17 and tried and it’s definitely back to normal. I tried cleaning the connector, cruciform, and trigger bar but that didn’t work. I guess I will try a new trigger now.

Site Supporter
    The trigger pull on my 19.5 took a significant turn for the worse just after I finished the 2K round challenge. When I looked closely I found what appeared to be flakes of metal inside the pistol. I detail stripped the frame and found that the plating on the part of the trigger bar that slides across the connector had started to flake off. I don't know how well it'll show in the pic, but this is the best I can do with my camera phone. Anyway, if your trigger pull suddenly changes, you might want to give extra inspection to this part of the trigger bar.
    Name:  IMG_20180805_134203754.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  66.1 KB

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pangloss; 08-05-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Site Supporter
    Yeah mine definitely looks like that now

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Yeah mine definitely looks like that now
    I think back about November a couple of other people in this thread experienced the same problem. Hopefully it is just a bad batch of trigger bars. I replaced the part in my pistol and it's fine now. Time will tell.

Interesting. I have over 3000 rounds on mine and it’s running smooth as expected. So much so I plan to competed with it over my 19x next week.

My one an an only complaint is i just hate the cutout in the front. I use the Pearce mag that has the the round lip that fills the space but it still sucks if my grip isn’t just right and I’ve pinched my finger a few times on a reload with it. If Glock ends up making one (gen5) without it, I’d be first in line to get one

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    The trigger pull on my 19.5 took a significant turn for the worse just after I finished the 2K round challenge. When I looked closely I found what appeared to be flakes of metal inside the pistol. I detail stripped the frame and found that the plating on the part of the trigger bar that slides across the connector had started to flake off. I don't know how well it'll show in the pic, but this is the best I can do with my camera phone. Anyway, if your trigger pull suddenly changes, you might want to give extra inspection to this part of the trigger bar.

I suspect bad plating on a whole bunch of these, but can you comment on your lubrication regimen?
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-05-2018 at 03:42 PM.

I’m going to detail strip my training gun at 3000 rounds (~2300 right now). I’ll update if my trigger bar is losing some of its plating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post

Looked at mine and it looks really good. Every glock I get I typically give it a light polishing of the trigger bar (.25c trigger job). I wonder if that helps prevent the flaking you're getting.

I am also curious to cleaning and type of lube/grease used. I took mine apart and put a dab of grease on the contact points. At least make sure to try and clean the contact points good and squirt some lube down inside. Could simply have been a bad batch of plating.

I think np3 or similar finishes for trigger bar would help.

User Tag List