Page 215 of 346 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

My impression of the G19.5.

Recently bought a G19.5 with the Ameriglo Bolds.

1. The grip. I like the no finger groove grip. Must have been a new frame mold because the checkering is sharper than my G4 19 & 17.
    I like it and it controls recoil well.

2. The *cutout*. Prefer it without. Sanded the sharp corners off.

3. The magazines. I like the orange follower and the baseplate.

4. The Bold sights. Love them. POI at tip of blade @ 20 yards. Windage dead on. Rear was centered and front was straight.

5. The nDLC finish. Very nice. looks great. No wear on slide after about 500 practice draws from kydex.

6. The ambi slide stop. Like it. Works well. No unwanted activation while shooting and no failure to lock back on empty.

7. The barrel. Like the crown. Like the accuracy.

8. The trigger. Very nice. Excellent. Superb for a Glock.

9. The beveled muzzle. Looks good. No difference holstering in my holsters. It also fits my Mastermind AIWB, DSG AIWB, and Perun OWB.

I like this pistol. It shoots flat. POI/POA on. Great trigger. Ejection is strong and consistent to 330-4 o'clock.

Hubcap gives it thumbs up

New Glock 26.5, shot the first 95 rounds out of the gun today. Pistol has standard Glock night rears and a Ameriglo 0.165” Front.

In the second mag I scored 9/10 on FYL at 5 yards, pretty darn good for me.

I had 0 malfunctions and ejection was strong and to the right.

At 25 the gun was shooting high for me with a cover dot hold. I’ll likely order a 0.180” Front sight at some point in the future.

Like this gun a lot.

So the experimentation with the Gen 5 continues. I put about 380 rounds through the gun at two back to back Level 2 IPSC Matches over the weekend. On the first day I took 2nd place in Production Division with 47 shooters at 83% of the first place shooter, who also happens to be our forum member and GM, Slavex. I took 3rd on the second day at 84% of Slavex with 45 shooters. It was a real pleasure shooting with that Dude, he’s a great guy and I learned a lot.

The Gen 5 worked great and I felt that I gave up nothing to guys with the fancy guns. The stock sights showed their limitations though and I pushed a few too many mikes on fast transitions, most of them high, as I am so used to driving the dot. I received a set of adjustable Dawson’s which I will install this week. I failed to fully insert a mag on one stage which cost me about three seconds according to the video, and this is the second time in three matches that I have done that. Stupidly, I have not been training with weighted mags, so the first thing I did when I got home was make some dummy rounds. I won’t make that mistake again!

I was 2% away from my goal of making master and my A class ranking is now 84.05%. I have two matches left this season to make it happen!

It’s certainly not the Gen 5 that is holding me back, it performed incredibly well for a virtually bone stock gun. On the last day I even had one dude come up to me and say “you came in second yesterday with a Glock right?” I laughed and said: “yeah”. He shook his head and said “no way I could shoot a Glock that well”. It made me feel pretty good, I must say. Little does he know that The Gen 5 is not your typical “Glock”.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I’ve had a couple gen 5’s. I was at cabelas today trying to get a p365. (Yea they are POS, but I want to test one and break it for myself). I don’t buy guns at cabelas but local dealers have long wait lists. I was playing with a gen 5 34 because I hadn’t handled one yet. It had the best Glock trigger I’ve ever felt. Are they not using minus connectors? Felt way too crisp to be a minus connector. I really wish they had non-mos versions but I might need to go buy one if I can find one at a local shop with a trigger that good. With a 5lb striker spring it would be pretty awesome.

They did have a gen 1 g21 that was tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I’ve had a couple gen 5’s. I was at cabelas today trying to get a p365. (Yea they are POS, but I want to test one and break it for myself). I don’t buy guns at cabelas but local dealers have long wait lists. I was playing with a gen 5 34 because I hadn’t handled one yet. It had the best Glock trigger I’ve ever felt. Are they not using minus connectors? Felt way too crisp to be a minus connector. I really wish they had non-mos versions but I might need to go buy one if I can find one at a local shop with a trigger that good. With a 5lb striker spring it would be pretty awesome.

They did have a gen 1 g21 that was tempting.
    The Blue Label G34/G35 Glocks normally have the Dot connector and non Blue Label ones normally have a Minus connector. Blue Label models can be ordered with a minus connector with signature of Chief Law Enforcement Officer or the Dot connectors can be replaced with Minus connectors the same way.
    Last edited by JBP55; 06-07-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Finally joined the club using a GSSF coupon. Haven’t shot it yet, but so far I like it.

Name:  8569EC7E-1A3B-4783-9604-CB46C0ED9D9D.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  58.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    My impression of the G19.5.

Recently bought a G19.5 with the Ameriglo Bolds.

1. The grip. I like the no finger groove grip. Must have been a new frame mold because the checkering is sharper than my G4 19 & 17.
    I like it and it controls recoil well.

2. The *cutout*. Prefer it without. Sanded the sharp corners off.

3. The magazines. I like the orange follower and the baseplate.

4. The Bold sights. Love them. POI at tip of blade @ 20 yards. Windage dead on. Rear was centered and front was straight.

5. The nDLC finish. Very nice. looks great. No wear on slide after about 500 practice draws from kydex.

6. The ambi slide stop. Like it. Works well. No unwanted activation while shooting and no failure to lock back on empty.

7. The barrel. Like the crown. Like the accuracy.

8. The trigger. Very nice. Excellent. Superb for a Glock.

9. The beveled muzzle. Looks good. No difference holstering in my holsters. It also fits my Mastermind AIWB, DSG AIWB, and Perun OWB.

I like this pistol. It shoots flat. POI/POA on. Great trigger. Ejection is strong and consistent to 330-4 o'clock.

Hubcap gives it thumbs up
    I almost agree 100% with your assessment. The only problem with my 19 was ejection on the last round of a magazine. If there are rounds in the magazine, ejection is strong to 3 o'clock ish. Once the magazine is empty, that last piece of brass comes out either back towards me or to the left in some weird way. I sent it back to Glock and they replaced the slide stop and ejector with the 19X/26/34 ejector. I was excited when I got it back, but nothing changed. Other than that, I absolutely love everything about the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Finally joined the club using a GSSF coupon. Haven’t shot it yet, but so far I like it.

Name:  8569EC7E-1A3B-4783-9604-CB46C0ED9D9D.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  58.9 KB
    You got one with AmeriGlos with a GSSF coupon? Didn’t think those were on the list.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    You got one with AmeriGlos with a GSSF coupon? Didn’t think those were on the list.
    Clerk asked, I said yes please as I would likely have installed them myself.

First shot at 7 yards:

Name:  49273E2E-6268-4360-89D6-02A5DC2DAA55.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  50.6 KB

It could only go downhill from there. Pushed a couple left by easing up the left hand grip in my excitement

Name:  91E8FAB5-760C-4A66-9A58-89C55E9941C2.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  54.0 KB

For comparison, my G4 19 hits high with Trijicon square notch HDs using the same center of target dot hold.

Name:  CC1291CB-2B81-4D94-AF4E-6B78CBE9FD13.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  57.8 KB

And finally, some of the kids at the range:

Name:  A161B753-D2C8-419F-88E7-BC6D435B0409.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  78.9 KB

How much did it end up costing, out of curiosity?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List