Page 214 of 346 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post

if you want to spend money on a FAST pistol buy a magwell instead of trigger mods.
    I'm a no magwell 1911 guy. To me a Glock has a wide cavern and a tapered magazine. Jeez Louise what more does one need, flashing landing lights?

Don't look at me... i'm too lazy to clean my pistols much less modify them.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I currently have a gen 3 and a gen 4. If the gen 5 trigger is better than the gen 4, doesn’t seem like there’s much you NEED to do it
    Last edited by richiecotite; 05-29-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Doubletap
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Don't look at me... i'm too lazy to clean my pistols much less modify them.
    Yea i'll admit it was a pretty idle question. The chances of me spending gun money on an aftermarket trigger right now are approaching 0

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Nothing wrong with a stock Glock trigger. That being said, it is an unforgiving trigger.
    I've found that making sure i'm very aggressive with my support hand pays off tremendously with my Glock shooting consistency.
    I don't think Glock triggers are unforgiving of a poor trigger press, I think Glocks are unforgiving of a poor grip.
    I first noticed this phenomenon when I was shooting for accuracy the other day (after being away from Glock for around 8-10 years).
    I was easily keeping 5 shot strings on 3" x 2.5" target (3 x 5 card folded in half) out to 20 yards and all shots on a 3" x 5" out to 30 yards but at 35 yards the wheels fell off and I had multiple flyers off to the left.
    When I started analyzing things I realized that at 20-25 yards I was confident and shooting at a quicker pace (which required a better grip for recoil control) when I backed off to 35 yards I was shooting at a much slower pace and I was concentrating more on the trigger press (and subconsciously relaxing my hands to allow my trigger finger to move more freely). When I made the conscious effort to really crank my support hand down and lock things down (while keeping my primary hand relaxed) my accuracy miraculously came back and no more left flyers.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Thanks Jody
    Can anyone comment on how a 19x does in a vg2? A g19 balances nicely and I can do a variety of activity with it. I am curious if the 19x with the extra mass in the grip will change that. A minor detail but I have been thinking about it.
    Works great in the VG2 with the butt tuck wing.
    In fact, that's the way I've been carrying my 19X for the past 8 hours in shorts and a T-shirt.

I've found that making sure i'm very aggressive with my support hand pays off tremendously with my Glock shooting consistency.
    I don't think Glock triggers are unforgiving of a poor trigger press, I think Glocks are unforgiving of a poor grip.
    I first noticed this phenomenon when I was shooting for accuracy the other day (after being away from Glock for around 8-10 years).
    I was easily keeping 5 shot strings on 3" x 2.5" target (3 x 5 card folded in half) out to 20 yards and all shots on a 3" x 5" out to 30 yards but at 35 yards the wheels fell off and I had multiple flyers off to the left.
    When I started analyzing things I realized that at 20-25 yards I was confident and shooting at a quicker pace (which required a better grip for recoil control) when I backed off to 35 yards I was shooting at a much slower pace and I was concentrating more on the trigger press (and subconsciously relaxing my hands to allow my trigger finger to move more freely). When I made the conscious effort to really crank my support hand down and lock things down (while keeping my primary hand relaxed) my accuracy miraculously came back and no more left flyers.
    This is something fundamental to shooting a Glock — the trigger lends itself to continuous movement, and not so much to slow, incremental presses. It seems counterintuitive, but you must shoot a Glock trigger with conviction, or all those multiple walls between the initial wall and the shot will screw you up. On my best days, I do most of my trigger pressing while the sights are still moving in recoil, but there is a fine line with that between PR level performance and disaster.

Whether shooting a Glock well is about grip or trigger, is a good topic for debate, although I would say both are important.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is something fundamental to shooting a Glock — the trigger lends itself to continuous movement, and not so much to slow, incremental presses. It seems counterintuitive, but you must shoot a Glock trigger with conviction, or all those multiple walls between the initial wall and the shot will screw you up....but there is a fine line with that between PR level performance and disaster.
    Great observation! That put into words nicely something I have been trying to formulate.

Fair assessment, but isn’t being aggressive with the support hand essentially a mask for poor trigger control? Not to say that you or anyone else has poor trigger control. Quite the opposite actually. If you’re having to exert that much effort to achieve the same performance with other pistols, is that really YOUR grip that’s lacking or is it the pistol’s trigger that is THAT not good?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I have a bit of a different point of view about Glock triggers:

Maybe I’m just not that great a shooter at distance, but my Gen 5 is every bit as accurate as my Elite II, which has as good a trigger as one can get in a 92 series pistol. I find that using the tip of my finger gives me the most consistent press with my Glock, but I think that is a function of the ergonomics of the gun and not the trigger design.

Regarding gripping the gun harder to get it to group better, I tend to think that focussing on grip takes conscious focus off trigger press, which for excellent shooters like Jodi and GJM, is a good thing, allowing the subconcious to regulate trigger press. For those with a lot of practice and reps shooting groups, a subconcious trigger press is where you want to be.

Also, no matter how hard I grip the gun, if I slap the trigger, the front sight is doing something I don’t want it to do.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List